Pitcher Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pitcher Rankings

The "Starting Pitcher Rankings" section has several errors. Gorzelanny, for instance, is starting todays game vs COL not Silva. I believe Gorzelanny was listed yesterday but I can't find yresterday's piece.
    Teams
    1. Terra Nova Terriers - 12 team mixed league, 5v5, $260 Cap, 9H, 9P, 7R & 25 MiLB - 2008 Champion
    2. Rocky's Bullwinkles, CrashTest Dummies - 2 NL only Mendoza League teams
    3. Desperate Measures - an AL only Mendoza Leagues team - 2012 Champion
    4. Hard Times - 24 team Dynasty League, H2H points scoring
    5. St. John's GobSmackers - 16 team H2H points auction League ($430 cap) - 2012 Champion
    6. Sundry other teams too numerous to mention

'The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.' - Herbert Spencer

I have another question about the rankings. I don't remember seeing an individual pitcher get a preview with a ranking of 3 or greater. This despite the fact that many teams have ratings over 3. Is it possible with the process for pitchers to receive this type of ranking?
    "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me."

Comment

We're still chasing a couple of glitches with the SP report. Seems like a couple of SP a day are wrong, but it's not consistent with a particular team, etc. Sorry about that.

The range of the SP scores is theoretically 0-5. But the majority tend to fall in the 0-2 range. Anything over 2 is a very promising start for ERA, as Ron found in a study last month (available in his column archives).

Comment

Working...
      X