Refining the stats this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refining the stats this year

With Easter being on the Sunday before the start of the season I am guessing that more leagues than usual will be drafting a week early this year? I know my leagues are.

Because of this is BBHQ going to try to refine/update their stats and PT projections earlier than usual? I can see both sides of the argument for this.

But I would like to see the PT tightened up a little early to help with my March 27/28 drafts.

sfwilly

Originally posted by sfwilly View Post
    With Easter being on the Sunday before the start of the season I am guessing that more leagues than usual will be drafting a week early this year? I know my leagues are.

Because of this is BBHQ going to try to refine/update their stats and PT projections earlier than usual? I can see both sides of the argument for this.

But I would like to see the PT tightened up a little early to help with my March 27/28 drafts.
    We are constantly tweaking the numbers. It's not like we do it once a week. But March 27 is still too soon to know the outcome of many spring training battles, so you're still going to have some question marks on Draft Day.

Comment

thank you for the quick response.

I guess what I want is the PT%'s to be close to 100%. Every other year by the last weekend before the start of the season those have been very close to 100%, they are not that close now.

sfwilly

Comment

Like Tom said, the problem is that to get down to 100%, we'd have to be making calls on roster and job decisions that the teams haven't made yet. If you're drafting earlier due to the Easter holiday, you'll need to embrace the relative uncertainty of the early draft date.

That said, you should definitely see us tightening things up between now and next weekend... and of course beyond.

Comment

Working...
        X