Problem with links showing "read"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with links showing "read"

Whenever I go to the HQ command center, brand new articles show up as read, i.e., the link is purple rather than blue. Any idea what might be causing this? It happens on two different computer, both using XP and IE8.
    John

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means!"--Inigo Montoya, "The Princess Bride"

It's because we use the same links for the same set of columns every week. Each article gets a new URL when it gets archived, but "new" content this week has the same link as "new" content did last week, so it appears you visited already.

Comment

Well, THAT'S annoying. In our old setup last year the newer articles always showed unread. Maybe something can be done to fix this? Makes it really hard to pick up where you left off when you're gone for a week or so. I've gleaned more information from those articles than anywhere else on the site, even the forums.
      John

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means!"--Inigo Montoya, "The Princess Bride"

Comment

You're talking about the "Online Now" list down the center of the subscriber home page, right? Or something else?

Actually, this worked the same way last year, and for as long as I can remember.

Unfortunately, there's no easy fix on our end. We'd have to re-architect the whole site layout, which as you can imagine isn't going to happen.

Comment

Yes, indeed.

I could have sworn it was different before. Shows you how much I know.
          John

Comment

Working...
          X