Force positions and BPV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Force positions and BPV

I want to use the CDG for a 15 team mixed roto league with a live standard snake draft.
    league seetings are:
    C
    1b
    2b
    ss
    3b
    CI
    MI
    5OF
    5SP
    4RP
    3 bench
    scoring is 7X7 avg, HR, SB, R, RBI, H, OPS : W, SV, K, WHIP, ERA, Holds, KK/BB

when setting the custom draft option should I use "force positions?
    I notices when I do Mauer jumps up in ranking that makes sense but why does Youk drop with "force positons" and Votto move ahead of Tex?
    I did nor mark anything scarce.

Also why do players wiht a higher BPV rank in $ value below some at the same position with a lower BPV?
    In a league with no draft auction whic do I use?
    Better to use the grid and tier players?

All that "force positions" does is change the construction of the players who are positively valued in your pool. If you don't check it, the tool will just find the right # of hitters who should be $1 or better (for instance, in a 10-team league w/14 hitters per team, it will find 140 hitters). If you use "force positions, it makes sure those 140 hitters have the right number of catchers, 1B, 2B, etc based on the number of roster slots for each position.

That will cause some subtle changes in the dollar values.

Also, remember that the CDG is only valuing the categories you tell it to. BPV's an important data point, but you're not actually assigning value to the BPV.

Comment

Working...
    X