Custom Grid 7 x 7 Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Grid 7 x 7 Issue

Trying to produce a grid for an ESPN 7 x 7 HTH league drafting Sunday. Traditional 5 x 5 cats plus:

OPS and Total Bases for hitters
    HR/9 and QS for pitchers.

Since QS is not available, I figured I'd run the custom grid for all other cats and just make a mental note of the SP who are highly ranked in QS. I put a check in the 7 hitter categories and the 6 pitcher categories (again, no Quality Starts available) and left the values at 1.

The issue I'm having with both SP and RP is that it's giving ridiculously high $ values in the grid to "unknown" pitchers with a very low projected hr/9. Guys like Bryan Augenstein and Waldis Joaquin are $24 players, Bobby Korecky at $16, etc., while their other stats or playing time would not support these values.

Any way to correct this or what am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the help.

Best suggestion is to throw in IP as a category, to "proxy" QS. That will push dollars toward SPs in general, and guys with actual playing time. Play with it a bit, you might find that a weighting on that category of 0.5 does the job.

Comment

Thanks Ray. I actually had tried IP as an alternative to QS, but I still had the problem. Cutting the value of HR Allowed to .5 helped, but not enough. I cut it further to .25 and that seemed to do it except for Bryan Augenstein being ranked up there with Gavin Floyd, AJ Burnett, and similar.

I'm guessing maybe because he's projected for 102 !P with a BPV of 96. He's probably the DBacks 6th SP - maybe I should check him out?! To be honest, I've never heard of the guy.

I may just do without the HR Allowed on the grid and just keep a mental note. Actually, I just tried IP plus HR/9 as alternatives to QS and HR Allowed, and that seems to give me a fairly sensible grid.

Comment

Good, glad you found an answer. And yes, re: Augenstein... at some point, if he keeps bubbling to the top of your lists, you definitely want to go under the hood and take a closer look at the guy.

Comment

Working...
        X