Why only 4 pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why only 4 pages

Why can you only view 100 threads on the forum? Is there a reason you can only view pages 1-4.
    cbs 10 Team Mixed, 5x5 Roto, Re-draft, unlimited daily transactions

Not sure, actually. Probably a default setting, limiting the query of "new threads" to the most recent 100 returns.

The lesson, of course: come visit more often.

Comment

Actually, I've run into that limitation before when searching for old posts ... it would be nice to have that increased if it's possible. It's a good default, though.
      @edecaria

Comment

Will let one of the tech guys comment when they see this... I just scanned the forum admin options and didn't spot anything obvious.

Comment

Is this when searching? I see 21 pages on this particular forum on the main page...?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeK@HQ View Post
            Is this when searching? I see 21 pages on this particular forum on the main page...?
            Yes, I have experienced this only on searches.
            @edecaria

Comment

Also only 4 pages when one clicks on "new posts."
              "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

Originally posted by Michael@HQ View Post
                Also only 4 pages when one clicks on "new posts."
                Yea this is what I was referring to. It would be nice to see more "new post" when you haven't been to the site in a couple of days.

Comment

I agree that I think when you hit NEW POSTS, there should be more than 4 pages. I admit sometimes I can go a few days between visits and I am sure i miss a bunch. I do scan all headers of the 4 pages but I am sure I am missing a bunch also.
                  John
                  Commish / RLCC / AL only 4X4 / since 1987
                  Rotisserie League of Central Connecticut
                  Owner - MudHens

Comment

Originally posted by MudHen View Post
                    I agree that I think when you hit NEW POSTS, there should be more than 4 pages. I admit sometimes I can go a few days between visits and I am sure i miss a bunch. I do scan all headers of the 4 pages but I am sure I am missing a bunch also.
                    I am not disagreeing with the suggestion that it'd be nice to see more than 4 pages of "new posts" but in the meantime some other ideas are:
                    • Using the search function, look for any thread that you have posted to before. That way if there was a conversation that you were involved in, you'll be sure to pick it up again.
                    • For the forums that you enjoy the most, click on that forum and you'll see 4 pages of new posts for just that forum.
                    "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

Originally posted by Michael@HQ View Post
                      I am not disagreeing with the suggestion that it'd be nice to see more than 4 pages of "new posts" but in the meantime some other ideas are:
                      • Using the search function, look for any thread that you have posted to before. That way if there was a conversation that you were involved in, you'll be sure to pick it up again.
                      • For the forums that you enjoy the most, click on that forum and you'll see 4 pages of new posts for just that forum.
                      Great suggestions but couldn't you guys just add some more pages?

Comment

I haven't found the right setting to change yet. Need to take another look as time allows.

Comment

The issue is that we're max'ing out at 100 results being returned.

I think this was done a few years ago to fix some performance issues.

I just moved it up to 200 (8 pages). Let me know if it's very slow or if you notice any difference.

Mike

Comment

Thanks MikeK this is great!

Comment

Awesome, this does help me as I am sometimes not on as much as I would but do try and catch up.
                              John
                              Commish / RLCC / AL only 4X4 / since 1987
                              Rotisserie League of Central Connecticut
                              Owner - MudHens

Comment

Working...
                              X