Problem with cookies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with cookies?

Ever since the first of the year I have to login every time I enter the forums. Prior to that I was always logged in.

I haven't changed any settings, and I don't have any problems with other sites where I have cookies set.

Is it HQ or is it me? Any suggestions?

Maybe you unchecked the "remember me" box.
    John

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means!"--Inigo Montoya, "The Princess Bride"

Comment

I think my cookie expired around 1/1 and I had to login again, but that was only a one-time thing.

Comment

I check the "remember me" box every time I enter the forums and log in. Can't figure it out.

Comment

It's been happening to me on and off for the past few days....
          NL 12-team 5x5 auction keeper. no bench, limited 'free' moves #oldschool
          our owners have a combined 292 years of experience in this 36-year-old league that is being cryogenically frozen until spring 2021.
          a redraft, no-transaction "race to the finish" served as our 2020 entertainment

Comment

Probably just a Y2K thing that's 10 years late.

Comment

Are you guys who are having the problem using IE? Firefox? Other?

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
                Are you guys who are having the problem using IE? Firefox? Other?
                I have experienced this in Firefox only (still happening as of today). IE has been working fine. -Ed
                @edecaria

Comment

I use Firefox, and haven't had any issues.

Comment

I'm on Firefox (two different computers) and I had to re-sign in on both but only once each.

Anybody have trouble with the Play Index service at baseball-reference.com? On Jan. 1, it would not take my login -- it did not reject the credential, but just kept sending me back to the public page. It started working on Jan. 2.
                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                    'Put Marvin Miller in the Hall of Fame!'

Comment

using IE here : has occurred near daily over the past week :would love to fix as i frequently need a reminder just to get my password

Comment

I dropped a note to our tech guys to see if they have any insights.

Comment

I have the problem every time I enter the forums on Firefox. Tried it on IE and had the same problem.

Comment

You might want to try deleting your HQ cookies and starting from scratch, so that HQ stores a brand-new cookie. I notice that my current cookie has an expiration date of 12/31/2010, so clearly that's a new version.

Comment

Originally posted by TOM@HQ View Post
                              You might want to try deleting your HQ cookies and starting from scratch, so that HQ stores a brand-new cookie. I notice that my current cookie has an expiration date of 12/31/2010, so clearly that's a new version.
                              Solved the problem. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X