Custom Draft Guide Bench

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Draft Guide Bench

I searched the forum and tried to find an answer to this question and was unsuccessful. I wasn't sure what forum to put it in so here it is......

I play in an Ultra league with 23 active and 17 bench spots for a 40 man roster. When I use the CDG I am never sure how to input things so I maximize my values. Do I only input bench values for players that need to be purchased at auction? Our bench spots are chosen through a reserve draft so I obviously need a big list for that portion of the festivities but a chunk of those picks are minor league players which are not part of the CDG anyway. I do, however, want to know which players still have value that are left over once the auction is over so I can target some of them during the reserve rounds.

Thoughts and help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Baz

Leave your bench players at 0 unless you actually pay auction dollars for your bench players. The CDG will still list all players in the output, the only difference is where the line of the $0 player will be set. So, with 0 bench guys, the players who are valued >0 will be those who "should" get purchased at auction, and all of the negatively-valued guys will be your bench/reserve candidates. And you'll still have those bench guys relatively ranked, i.e you'll be able to differentiate a $-2 bench guy vs. a $-9 guy.

Comment

Ray, IIRC the bench splits its slots between pitchers and hitters? Meaning if there are 4 bench players it will assign 2 slots to hitters and 2 slots to pitchers? If I am correct, is it possible in the future to let the user set how many hitter bench slots and how many pitcher bench slots?

For example in my league bench pitchers are essentially active slots because its a daily lineup change league, so id want to set all pitchers active, but for hitters the bench hitters really don't play very much.
      "I mean, look at you. You don't even have a name tag. You've got no chance. Why don't you just fall down?"

-Nigel Powers (Goldmember)

5*5 HTH 10 teams $380 cap
      Use OPS instead of AVG and Saves +.5Holds.
      28 man rosters 20 man Farms (C,1b,2b,3b,SS, IF, Of, OF, OF, OF, U, U, 8 SP, 4RP)
      Daily Lineup changes, Weekly FAAB. 60/40 hitter/pitcher split.

Comment

I don't specifically recall the bench being split that way, but it sounds reasonable. In your case, I'd suggest just adding extra active pitcher spots.

Comment

Should I not put in Bench slots for the bench hitters in our league?

Meaning we have 25 man rosters comprised of 12 pitchers (8sp, 4 rp), and 9 active hitters, 4 bench hitters). Should i do 12 p 9 hitters and then nothing on the bench, or 4 on the bench?
          "I mean, look at you. You don't even have a name tag. You've got no chance. Why don't you just fall down?"

28 man rosters 20 man Farms (C,1b,2b,3b,SS, IF, Of, OF, OF, OF, U, U, 8 SP, 4RP)

Comment

As I posted above, you only put in Bench slots for guys you want to allocate auction dollars to. If you're finding that the bench slots are being split evenly between hitters/pitchers and you don't want that, then just set exactly who you want to be active, and don't use the bench spots.

Comment

That seems to work, thanks Ray, i will go with that from now on.

Comment

WOW... that really shifted a lot of money to the top hitters.... Pujols jumped from a $75ish projection to a $106

And I have balanced valuation checked off.

Comment

Actually, here is the difference. If i do 12 pitchers 9 hitters no bench.... my hitters, especially at the top end skyrocket in salary... compared to doing 9 pitchers 9 hitters and 7 bench slots (4 hitters 3 pitchers), pujols goes from $63 to $106 Braun goes from $45 to $70, J Upton goes from $32 to $38, Sizemore actually goes down $1 from 21 to 20. Almost seems to be emphasizing a Stars and scrubs value system (even though I use balanced valuation) for hitters. Pitcher valuations are identical.

Interestingly if I add 1 bench spot, the hitters values drop quite a bit.. I guess this confirms my belief that our league has very deep pitching, but very shallow hitting.

Comment

Thanks for answering my question Ray...that is exactly what I needed to know.

Baz

Comment

Working...
                    X