Links not allowed in signatures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Links not allowed in signatures?

Within the past month, I’ve decided to take my baseball knowledge and perform Internet radio broadcasts over at Blogtalkradio.com. I have a show (with two co-hosts) every Sunday from 8-8.30pm. Topics of discussion during the season include weekly free agent bids (mostly as they relate to the NFBC, a 15 team non-trading mixed league event), strategy questions, etc…

I spend so much time playing fantasy baseball, that I wanted to take the next step and help get some of my knowledge out to fantasy baseball players. I try to conduct my broadcasts to be entertaining and insightful. I’ve had a lot of success playing this little game we all love, why not give back a little.

Anyways, within the past week, I added the link to my Blogtalkradio broadcast to my message board signature. Yesterday, Michael @ HQ went into my profile, deleted all the Blogtalkradio stuff, then sent me a PM and told me he modified my signature because they don’t want people putting “commercial links” in their signatures.

I certainly understand trying to ban links from your competitors, but I don’t see how I or Blogtalkradio are competitors. Maybe it’s just me? I’m not selling anything. I don’t work for any baseball site. I’m just a regular guy talking fantasy baseball.

Is the official policy of HQ to remove all links from signatures? If not, can someone post the CBA? Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

From the forum rules linked at the top of the page:

10. This is a baseball community. Threads on potentially contentious non-baseball topics, such as religion and politics, are strongly discouraged, even in the Clubhouse forum. Posts that contain profanity, are offensive, are argumentative without basis, or contain copyrighted or promotional information (including links in taglines or signatures) are prohibited.

Comment

The thing is, we have to draw a line somewhere. Otherwise, we open up the door to having to define what exactly a promotional message is (Is it just competitive material? Is it just pay material? Is it a site that does something we might do in the future?). By eliminating it all, there are no questions asked. If you are using our boards to get eyeballs onto any other product or service, that's where the line is drawn.
      "Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." -- George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by RON@HQ View Post
        The thing is, we have to draw a line somewhere. Otherwise, we open up the door to having to define what exactly a promotional message is (Is it just competitive material? Is it just pay material? Is it a site that does something we might do in the future?). By eliminating it all, there are no questions asked. If you are using our boards to get eyeballs onto any other product or service, that's where the line is drawn.
        Got it. Thanks.

Comment

Gekko,

Why don't you start a thread about NFBC stragety on this forum and we can have an on-going discussion. I am sure many HQ members play in the NFBC.
          14 Team 6X6 Dynasty League
          Hitters: RBI, R, SB, HR, OBP, SLG%
          Pitchers: QS, SV, WHIP, Ks, Hlds, ERA

Points League
          Hitting: HR: 4, 3B: 3, 2B: 2, 1B: 1, RBI/R/BB: 1, K(-1), SB: 2
          Pitching: W: 10, L:-5, SV: 7, IP: 3, ER: -2, BB/H: (-1), K: 1

Comment

Originally posted by Russel58 View Post
            Gekko,

Why don't you start a thread about NFBC stragety on this forum and we can have an on-going discussion. I am sure many HQ members play in the NFBC.
            Good idea. I'll get one started this weekend. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X