No announcement yet.

logging into BBHQ on iPhone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It doesn't work for me. I've got the settings correct and the latest iPhone. If I log out of the site and log back in, I have to reenter my username and password.

Comment

go to settings -> safari -> autofill and turn all that on.
      "I mean, look at you. You don't even have a name tag. You've got no chance. Why don't you just fall down?"

-Nigel Powers (Goldmember)

5*5 HTH 10 teams $380 cap
      Use OPS instead of AVG and Saves +.5Holds.
      28 man rosters 20 man Farms (C,1b,2b,3b,SS, IF, Of, OF, OF, OF, U, U, 8 SP, 4RP)
      Daily Lineup changes, Weekly FAAB. 60/40 hitter/pitcher split.

Comment

I turned those settings on but it doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by agellin View Post
          I turned those settings on but it doesn't work.
          Are you referring to when you go to baseball hq and a seperate login winos pops up?

If so the iPhone does not store that. If your talking about the forums login turning on autofill and then going to the login box should work once you push autofill.
          "I mean, look at you. You don't even have a name tag. You've got no chance. Why don't you just fall down?"

-Nigel Powers (Goldmember)

5*5 HTH 10 teams $380 cap
          Use OPS instead of AVG and Saves +.5Holds.
          28 man rosters 20 man Farms (C,1b,2b,3b,SS, IF, Of, OF, OF, OF, U, U, 8 SP, 4RP)
          Daily Lineup changes, Weekly FAAB. 60/40 hitter/pitcher split.

Comment

Yes, exactly. Thanks for confirming. Perhaps the tech folks at BBHQ can resolve this issue about the inability of the site to store/remember the username and password on mobile devices when logging into the site? Yes, the forums login does store/remember the username and password. Why does the forums login page remember but the main login page does not?

Comment

Different authentication mechanisms. I don't have an iPhone, but if it can't handle the "popup" notification mechanism we use on the subscriber home page, I don't think that's something we can fix easily.

Comment

Well...at least if you can please bring this issue to the attention of the tech staff, it could be looked into. It's hard to believe this can't be solved. The iPhone remembers my username and password for other sites...and once logged into BBHQ, it will remember my username and password to access the forums (which brings up the question: why is there a separate login for the forums?). It may be a Safari issue but my Mac laptop remembers my username and password to access BBHQ...or maybe it's more a mobile device issue?

Comment

Yes, it sounds like a mobile device issue... what I was trying to say was that we're unlikely to (quickly) change the authentication mechanism for the entire site just to accommodate a particular mobile device.

Comment

Understood. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
                      Yes, it sounds like a mobile device issue... what I was trying to say was that we're unlikely to (quickly) change the authentication mechanism for the entire site just to accommodate a particular mobile device.
                      Would there be consideration of adding some encryption at least, so passwords aren't sent in the clear? Thanks.

Comment

I use the 1Password application, available in the App Store. It means you have to browse HQ in the app, not in Safari, but I've seen no limitations there. It's worth it just to be able to browse without ever re-typing your username/password.

Comment

Working...
                        X