Rotowire subcribers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotowire subcribers

I was wondering if any other RotoWire subscribers get "attack" messages when they visit the site. For the last 3 or 4 days I can not visit the site because my computer gets messages saying it is a known attack site and the site tries to put software on my computer. My Firefox browser and my Norton stop the attack and direct me to leave. I know this is HQ tech support; but MANY of us joined HQ by way of RotoWire and I just had to ask, Thank you in advance for your input.
    12 TEAM NL ONLY 6X6 $260
    BA. HR, RBI, TB, SB, R
    ERA, WHIP, W, S, K/9, K/BB
    2008, 2010, 2012 Champion
    2009, 2011 2nd Place

I got those to. I thought I picked up a virus somewhere.

Nothing in the last day or so.

With the kind of computer scams out right now I am suprised there are not more problems.

Comment

According to my newly purchased(because of the RotoWire bullsh*t) Norton 360, I/we have no virus, spyware, adware, etc. It is their site. Failure to do anything but close the browser and stay away does open you up to the various computer malaise listed above.
      12 TEAM NL ONLY 6X6 $260
      BA. HR, RBI, TB, SB, R
      2009, 2011 2nd Place

Comment

When we used Rotowire three years ago, I had a similar problem. One of their pages always triggered an alarm in my antivirus program. The Rotowire people told me that they knew about it and that it wasn't really a virus. I accepted that explanation, but frankly it surprised me that they wouldn't just fix it.

Comment

I haven't had any of these problems.
          cbs 10 Team Mixed, 5x5 Roto, Re-draft, unlimited daily transactions

Comment

Originally posted by artibar View Post
            I was wondering if any other RotoWire subscribers get "attack" messages when they visit the site. For the last 3 or 4 days I can not visit the site because my computer gets messages saying it is a known attack site and the site tries to put software on my computer. My Firefox browser and my Norton stop the attack and direct me to leave. I know this is HQ tech support; but MANY of us joined HQ by way of RotoWire and I just had to ask, Thank you in advance for your input.
            Have you sent a note to Rotowire? I'd let them know ASAP. Even if their site is clean, it shouldn't be triggering any alarms.

Comment

Yes I have. Over the years I have learned not to take any chances with my computer. It is just way to time consuming to have to try to recover files, reformat your hard drive, hassle with Windows to reload your operating system, and so on. I am just going to let my RotoPass subscription expire at the end of this month. As soon as I post this I am going straight to your subscription page and buying the gold membership since I already have my copy of 2009 Baseball Forecaster. Thanks for your response.
              Last edited by artibar; 03-04-2009, 03:31 PM.
              12 TEAM NL ONLY 6X6 $260
              BA. HR, RBI, TB, SB, R
              2009, 2011 2nd Place

Comment

Working...
              X