Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forums Upgrade

Hi Everyone,

Caught us up to speed on our forums software. Had a few software jumps.

Don't think there should be any problems with stuff, maybe a few new features here and there!

mike

Hey mike. Whats the thing with "tags" on the bottom of the page? Saying edit tags and stuff.

Comment

It's part of a whole social networking addon to the forums. You can "tag" different things a thread discusses and lets you see similar threads, helps search, etc.

Comment

ahh ok. Sorta like the whole similar threads thing from a few years ago. Thanks.

Comment

Every time I push submit on a quick post, it just sits and spins. If I refresh the thread, the post is there. Happens in Firefox or IE.
          Baseball Manager - $40mil payroll / 28 man roster / Daily Transactions
          Key Categories(translated) - Runs Created, ERA and IP

Comment

Just tried that one from the advanced screen, and it acted normally. I'm trying this one from the quick post box.

Comment

Same problem. Seems to be an issue with the Post Quick Reply button.

Comment

Testing
                Last edited by RobR; 05-20-2008, 10:30 PM. Reason: No problems w/ quick reply here. Will need more details.
                While the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty.
                --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Just noticed all the changes to User CP and Profile
                  Tabbed Info, Visitor Messages, Friends List, Networking, Social Groups, Albums, what else?
                  Oh yeah, who's been checking your Profile lately.
                  Don't know how often I'll need/use them all, but thanks for the upgrade, Mike
                  "As often is the case, GE is right." -- Davitt@HQ

Comment

Darn it, GE, now you made me go in and check my profile, where I found this depressing news:
                    Friends
                    Your friends list is empty.
                    Dagnabbit. First the Tigers stumble out of the gate at 24-34, and now this. Sigh.
                    2021 Teams: Pandemic Petrels - 15-team mixed redraft (HQ Forum Masters); Patioboater's Puddle Ducks - 15-team, mixed, slow-draft-and-hold (HQ Slow Winter Draft); Regal Beagles - AL keeper (I-96 League), on hold for 2020.

3x Champion of the Forum Masters League, 2x Champion of the HQ Slow Draft League - Sic transit gloria mundi

Comment

Gotcha covered.
                      MiLBAnalysis.com / @NickRichardsHQ

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenEagle View Post
                        Oh yeah, who's been checking your Profile lately.
                        If I click on User CP and then Your Profile, then I see under Recent Visitors that I have had 4 visitors to my user profile page, but I can't figure out who hhas checked my profile. Not that the information is THAT interesting, but can I see who has been checking out my page?

(My thinking is that if anyone else from my league thinks they know who I am, then they'd probably visit my profile page. It might help me figure out whether my leaguemates are using the forums (other than one leaguemate who I already know his forum name).)
                        "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                          Gotcha covered.
                          Thanks, man.

Now, if you could do something about this Tiger bullpen and the inconsistent offense....
                          2021 Teams: Pandemic Petrels - 15-team mixed redraft (HQ Forum Masters); Patioboater's Puddle Ducks - 15-team, mixed, slow-draft-and-hold (HQ Slow Winter Draft); Regal Beagles - AL keeper (I-96 League), on hold for 2020.

3x Champion of the Forum Masters League, 2x Champion of the HQ Slow Draft League - Sic transit gloria mundi

Comment

Originally posted by Patioboater View Post
                            Thanks, man.

Now, if you could do something about this Tiger bullpen and the inconsistent offense....
                            Warming up . . .
                            MiLBAnalysis.com / @NickRichardsHQ

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                              If I click on User CP and then Your Profile, then I see under Recent Visitors that I have had 4 visitors to my user profile page, but I can't figure out who hhas checked my profile. Not that the information is THAT interesting, but can I see who has been checking out my page?

(My thinking is that if anyone else from my league thinks they know who I am, then they'd probably visit my profile page. It might help me figure out whether my leaguemates are using the forums (other than one leaguemate who I already know his forum name).)
                              Try looking now. I just went in and peeked at your profile, so my name should be there. (I could see it.)

It might be that the IDs of visitors from farther back weren't registered.

Wow, you're closing in on the Five-Digit Club. Do Ray and Circle have some sort of ceremony planned?

Comment

Working...
                              X