Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dollar Value Cheat Sheet - Possible Bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dollar Value Cheat Sheet - Possible Bug?

I'm setting up a grid for an extremely shallow league I'm in with some buddies. 10 teams, mixed. We use 6x6, with the extra categories being DOUBLES and INNINGS. We start one 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, C, three OF, one DH, and 9 pitchers.

Setting this up for a 250 budget, top players, forced positions, and a 66% split I get the following results at the catcher position:

Hernandez,Ramon $26
    Doumit,Ryan $25
    Molina,Bengie $25
    Rodriguez,Ivan $25
    Pierzynski,A.J. $24
    Soto,Geovany $21
    Martinez,Victor $21
    McCann,Brian $21
    Mauer,Joe $20
    Martin,Russell $20

However, the projections show Victor leads Hernandez in all 6 hitting categories.

I'll take a look at this. It's related to force positions.

You might be interested in the difference in the results without force positions for your league parameters.
    While the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty.
    --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah I understand the complications with forcing or not forcing positions from having done my own valuations. I guess where I thought there may be a bug was in the relative ranking of the catchers, seemingly with lesser players ranked ahead. I'll use the non-forced to get the correct rankings at the position.

Comment

That's what I'm looking into. It looks like the top players algorithm when applied to this league where the replacement level is highly negative is having unintended effects.
        While the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty.
        --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X