• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ahh. Got it. Thanks.
    -----------------------------
    Check out my blog on personal development at http://joaker5.wordpress.com/

Comment

I used to be a BBHQ subscriber, let my subscription lapse, am now back, and have an immediate suggestion regarding the MACK layout. In fact, it was a suggestion I meant to raise before my subscription lapsed.

Are there any plans for improving the presentation of the MACK reports? Primarily, refining the alignment of the column headers and column data? For example, the default Player information section appears to have the AGE header left aligned, while the actual age is right aligned. The same applies to BATS and POS. The TM column header appears centered, while the team abbreviation is aligned left. If the column headers and column data were standardized in the Player information section I imagine you could also save some overall report space by reducing the width of each column (meaning less left to right scrolling for those users that have a lot of data presented in a report).

This column header and column data alignment suggestion also applies for the Year To Date and Projections data that can be added to the reports. For example, PX and SX can have a max of three digits. Therefore, these would be best presented right aligned. Currently, the alignment of the data is centered and, as a result, the data appears wonky.

I know, I know. This can be considered picky. However, when presenting reams of data making these sorts of adjustments to presentation can really enhance the reports generated. And it makes the data easier to read. I imagine it would be an exercise of going through the code templates and standardizing the presentation of the data, matching the column headers and column data alignment, and selecting appropriate alignment for the type of data being presented (usually just either left aligned or right aligned).
      16-Club Dynasty: 15 Batters, 10 Pitchers, 5 Minor Leaguers
      Batting: Hits, OBP, SLG, Runs, RBI, SB-CS; Pitching: IP, Wins+QS, ERA, WHIP, K, K/BB
      Weekly transactions; No bench to rest the weary

Comment

I see this might be a dead thread

However, I am looking the the MACK and cannot figure out if it is useful "in season" for one year leagues.

Nor do I see anything that tells you how it works or how to use it. It says I can enter numerous leagues

Are these imaginary leagues? Or am I going to have to input every roster in my league to get accurate information ???
        Can I somehow input the current standings mid-season so it helps me know where a move might take me in the future based on projections ?

Thank you.
        It just doesn't tell someone who has never seen or used anything like this, much about what it does or how it works.
        15 TEAM MIXED, ANNUAL RE-DRAFT, 5X5 - 2009 & '10 CHAMPS
        12 TEAM MIXED, KEEPER, 5X5 - 2011, '12, '14 CHAMPS
        Just lucky.

Comment

You don't have to put in every team in your league, but you get some additional benefits if you do. You can just enter your own team and run reports on it, or lists of free agents, trade targets, etc. It's awfully helpful to look at your whole team and see your staff-wide xERA or PX or whatever. I love that.

It doesn't allow you to input current standings and project final standings... yet. We are working on that.

Tinker with it, really the best way to learn what it can do for you.

Comment

Thanks Ray

I'm playing with it like a new toy now !!!
            lol
            Not sure how the dollar amounts it produces correlate with what a team needs in categories
            but, that is something easily done otherwise
            Just lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
              You don't have to put in every team in your league, but you get some additional benefits if you do. You can just enter your own team and run reports on it, or lists of free agents, trade targets, etc. It's awfully helpful to look at your whole team and see your staff-wide xERA or PX or whatever. I love that.

It doesn't allow you to input current standings and project final standings... yet. We are working on that.

Tinker with it, really the best way to learn what it can do for you.

This part I cannot figure out. I tried to do a POWER SEARCH and so I put in a > value and it listed every pitcher with a heartbeat.
              As for the FA ,
              Heck, I am just not seeing what you mean on that part
              I have had luck so far with trade comparisons. But, that is about it.

Is there a "how to" somewhere ?

I am starting to think this site is completely over my head.
              but, I like winning in fantasy so, want to learn.

Now I just have to learn to post a forum question that invites responses beyond you and PRHOOD ..... I appreciate your input, but I think we all like to hear various perspectives and reasoning. ** I did listen to your scolding before about keeping one thread going, but I fear that makes people less likely to dig to the current inquiry.
              THANKS.
              Just lucky.

Comment

The "free agent" search works like this: if you have all of your league's rosters entered, you can use the free agent search to just look for guys who aren't owned in your league.

The dollar values don't correlate to category goals. Every league is different in terms of what goals are needed. Try a search on "SGP vs. PVM" in these forums for details on how the dollar values are calculated.

If you have a new question, start a new thread... it's cool. We're pretty relaxed most of the time.

Comment

Upload Teams to MACK??

Is there a way to upload all the teams in my league to MACK?

I'd like to use MACK to track my league, but thought of manually entering the teams just makes that a non-starter.

Thanks.

Comment

No, we don't have an auto-upload utility. On the plus side, uploading all of your teams is a once-a-year activity. If you get started now, it will benefit you all year long. Especially with our soon-to-be-released projected standings utility.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
                      Especially with our soon-to-be-released projected standings utility.
                      That sounds awesome. How soon do you think that will be?

Comment

Weeks, not months.

Comment

mack and the draft guide problems

The draft guide says that the guide will pick up my mack league that I entered with salaries and keepers for my upcoming draft.

I ran the guide clicking all the format and telling it to deal with the mack league and all the keepers etc.

About half of the keepers don't show up in the guide, so I don't know if the inflation calculations are going to be right.

Then I noticed that Joey Votto was a $5 player ranked below ecarnacion, rasmus, etc.. down about or below 50th on the dollar rank.

Then I exited and made sure my Mack league was still showing all the keepers as kept..yes it was. and all the players as entered and salaries right, check..

Ran the draft guide again, same problems, the same keepers missing and Votto continues to stick his tongue out at me below fiftieth position. Something is wrong and I am beginning to think it isn't me.

Got any advice or help for me?

Comment

Does anyone else get an error when trying to delete a previous league?
                            H2H PTS: (C,1B,2B,3B,SS,3OF,U,5SP,2RP)
                            • 16 Team: It's all about the draft picks!

ROTO:
                            • 12 Team Mixed 5x5 - I seem to enjoying finishing outside the money...

Comment

Is there an easier way then click through the gui to create teams / leagues? after partially creating 3 teams with no salary data and 10 more to go i'm done. Any csv import? other import? rotolab import? json import?

Comment

Originally posted by Fxgute95 View Post

Got any advice or help for me?
                                It's worth noting that setting up keepers in MACK doesn't hide them in the CDG results. They are still included, at their specified keeper salary and with the "Kept" flag checked.

Here's my standard instruction set for debugging MACK keeper config:

For keepers to get pulled from MACK to CDG, following must all be true:

- kept players on a team associated with the league in MACK (and the same league selected in CDG)
                                - 'use keepers' box checked in CDG.
                                - kept players have the 'kept' box checked in MACK.
                                - kept players have a salary set in MACK.
                                - kept players have a position set in MACK (don't set a pitcher to a hitter position or vice-versa, that will break keeper processing).

If half of your keepers are being set and half not, you probably need to check their positions. That's the most likely explanation.

Hope this helps,

Ray

Comment

Working...
                                X