Stat definitions in MACK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stat definitions in MACK?

I was running a MACK report and there were a couple of statistic metrics that I did not recognize. I also could not find them in the Glossary, nor on other sites. I am sure I am overlooking something simple. Help?

What are XE and EP on the pitcher stats?

Thanks. Best regards, Steve
    League 1 : Scoresheet, 20 team BL, contracts, continuing (21 keepers + 20 minor leaguers)

I don't have the definitions handy, but they're both reflections of which way ERA is trending. EP is "ERA Potential", it's basically a -30 to +30 scale reflecting the direction and degree that ERA should move in, based on skills.

XE I don't remember as well, it could be xERA-ERA differential.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
      I don't have the definitions handy, but they're both reflections of which way ERA is trending. EP is "ERA Potential", it's basically a -30 to +30 scale reflecting the direction and degree that ERA should move in, based on skills.

XE I don't remember as well, it could be xERA-ERA differential.
      Thanks Ray. I did check the XE = xERA - ERA and found the numbers match up pretty close (they work out if a rounded function is used). This seems pretty useful.

I'm not sure that the EP one works out though. I am getting numbers from MACK that are ranging 15 -75. All on the 5 or 0 unit level (e.g., 30, 40, 60 or 15, 45, 65, etc). Guys with the 70-75 numbers are Hughes, Peralta, Benoit; guys with 30 (Westbrook), 15 (Saunders). This might be for ERA potential for improvement, but...?
      League 1 : Scoresheet, 20 team BL, contracts, continuing (21 keepers + 20 minor leaguers)

Comment

I'll check on that...

Comment

My fuzzy memory is coming back to me. EP works as I described above, but it's centered on 50 instead of zero. So those above 50 should see ERA improve (higher #, more likely to improve), those below 50 should see regression.

Comment

Thanks. That seems to make sense...and looks useful.

Comment

Working...
            X