Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom Draft Guide - why only 7 C with 11 teams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Draft Guide - why only 7 C with 11 teams?

Dear Rob or ?,

I noticed the following oddity when I ran the custom draft guide. I ran the CDG with settings of 12 teams and the default number of players at each position. This has 2 Catchers. I elected to use $260. When I looked at the grid, only 7 C were above the NV level (although 2 C had zero or $1 below the 0 line). I thought this was odd as each team has to start 2 catchers. Wouldn't this mean at least 24 C have to have a positive value as at least a $1 has to be spent on them (no matter how bad they are)?

Here were my settings : Points, NL/AL, Default players per position (including 2 C), 63% on offense, 0 bench players, valuation method - top players.

HR: 6, 3B: 5, 2B: 4, H: 3, BB: 1.5, SB-CS: 2
    W-L: 3, Sv: 3, IP: 4.5, H: -2.5, BB: -1, K: 1, HR: -3

I would have thought that the software would evaluate the minimum players at each position as minimum value or greater. Is this not right?

Thanks, Steve
    League 1 : Scoresheet, 20 team BL, contracts, continuing (21 keepers + 20 minor leaguers)

If you check the "force positions" box before running the report, it does exactly what you're asking for here. If you don't check that box, it just spits out the right number of hitters you need, regardless of position.

This is explained in the notes on the front page, fyi. May want to review that in case you have other questions.

Comment

What? Read the instructions?!

Dear Ray,

Thanks! I assumed (and you know what they say...) that "forced positions" was referring to the DH. Obviously, I was wrong. Thanks for the clarification.

Best regards, Steve
      League 1 : Scoresheet, 20 team BL, contracts, continuing (21 keepers + 20 minor leaguers)

Comment

Working...
      X