Need Assistance With Custom Draft Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Assistance With Custom Draft Guide

I entered my data for both a 12 and 11 team AL-only leagues, using the standard Roti 5x5 format.

The results show A-Rod at thetop with a $18 value.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I can't use a draft guide with those types of values.

Would appreciate some help.

Thanks.

I can't reproduce it. I went in clean, left choice as AL 12 teams, clicked 4x4. I got the proper values. You might try clearing your browser cache just in case.

Did you check off any of the special options?

Comment

I did get another report of similar behavior via email today, but way more than two people have used it today, so it's not a global issue. Might be one category or setting, but we need your help to pinpoint which one.

Comment

Originally posted by TOM@HQ View Post
        I can't reproduce it. I went in clean, left choice as AL 12 teams, clicked 4x4. I got the proper values. You might try clearing your browser cache just in case.

Did you check off any of the special options?
        I didn't recall a choice of any special options...I took a quick look back, and I really don't see any options to select...what options are you referring to? Are they called options, or do we have a "failure to communicate" situation here?

I am only patially computer literate, and I don't know how to clear my browser. Anyway, I really don't believe that it should be necessary to clear my browser.

Is there some way to include an inflation factor so that A-Rod's and other salaries would be increased to what I believe is a reasonable approximation for what players would go for?

Comment

Web applications sometimes require that the browser cache be cleared, particularly when debugging a problem. Just a fact of life. It's not just us. If using Internet Explorer: Tools, Options, Delete Files. I usually clear History as well, just in case.

By "options", I meant all the items you could possibly specify: # of teams, budget, offensive budget %, bench players, valuation method.

If you go in fresh the way I described, what do you get?

Comment

It can be necessary to clear your browser, esp. if you've been running the CDG a lot of times and could have old sets of results cached. Tell me what browser you're using, I'll tell you how to clear it.

When you go into the Custom Draft Guide, tell us EXACTLY what options you're selecting. What is your budget? Balanced or Top Players? Pitching/Hitting split? Any scarcity factors? What categories... etc. Every setting you're using, we need to know it.

Easiest way to account for inflation is to dump output into Excel and apply an inflation factor there. There's not a method of doing so natively in the CDG.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
              It can be necessary to clear your browser, esp. if you've been running the CDG a lot of times and could have old sets of results cached. Tell me what browser you're using, I'll tell you how to clear it.

When you go into the Custom Draft Guide, tell us EXACTLY what options you're selecting. What is your budget? Balanced or Top Players? Pitching/Hitting split? Any scarcity factors? What categories... etc. Every setting you're using, we need to know it.

Easiest way to account for inflation is to dump output into Excel and apply an inflation factor there. There's not a method of doing so natively in the CDG.
              The data on the two leagues are a little different...

AL-only leagues

League 1:

11 teams.

23 players

$260

5x5 BA, HR, SB, RBI, R
              W, Sv, ERA, Whip, IP

My ratio is 70 % hitting; 30 % pitching.

Second league has 12 teams, and uses K's rather than IP.

Please manipulate whatever is necessary so that A-Rod is $40-50. Probably $48.

Thanks,

Roland

Comment

If I enter your league parameters (11 teams, standard 5x5), and select "Top Players", A-Rod comes out as $50. "Balanced", he's $40.

There is something wrong on your side. Not that you're doing anything wrong, but there's some sort of caching or browser issue. Did you try clearing cache and history, and reloading the page?
                Last edited by Tom_T; 03-30-2008, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Thanks Ray...

It works okay now.

I Googled "clearing cache"...got some results...followed them, cleared my cache, and it works okay now.

Comment

Working...
                  X