What does this error message mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does this error message mean?

What's does this error message mean when sorting a custom report in CDV?

Query failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'desc, name desc' at line 1

It usually happens after I finagle with various sorts.

Moved to Tech Support forum, where one of the techs are likely to see it.

Comment

Thanks - Is there any chance to get a quick reply? Please

Comment

I need as many details as you can provide, including the configuration under which you ran the CDG and the exact report you attempted to run (output fields and sort criteria).
        While the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty.
        --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

This is the configuration that produced the error message above:

Picture 1.jpg

This was for a mixed 15 team league with 66% hitter budget 5x5 with obp instead of batting average and top player valuation.

Comment

Thanks, it's the sorting batters by ct% that's causing the problem. I'll try to fix it tonight.
            While the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty.
            --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks but please explain too what the function of the second pull down menu. (Where I have "name.")

Comment

It's a secondary sort... i.e. you're telling it to sort by ct% descending, then for players with the same ct% you're sorting them alphabetically by name.

Comment

Secondary sort.
                  --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

The error was fixed this evening. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
                    --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Ray, If I'm sorting for P-3 - Should I do a primary sort of ct% and a secondary sort of rel, for hitter and bpv and rel for pitchers?

Comment

Yup, sounds right to me.

Comment

Working...
                        X