Custom Valuator question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Valuator question

When I use the custom valuator for my league settings it lists the hitters and then the pitchers below them. There is a heading list for the listed categories (ie: name, age, etc.) Then the players are listed and there are 277 batters listed......then there is another heading list before another 21 players are listed. Why the seperation here? I figured there has to be a reason since there are not regularly scheduled headings throughout the whole list.

Is this supposed to break where the number of offensive players that will be auctioned are at? We are an ultra league with 23 man active rosters and 17 man reserves. We also use a "super utility" where we can start an offensive player or pitcher each week.

I am playing with the "Making the Most of HQ with Excel" series written by Patrick Davitt and noticed this sticking out to me when copying the info over to excel.

I'm hoping to learn to utilize the awesome information provided to my advantage even moreso this year by learning to manipulate the numbers more myself this year. I may have additional questions about excel later...but that's a different thread.

Thanks!

Anyone?

Comment

The break occurs before the first replacement level player. But since 277 is prime, I'm not sure what's happening for you. Can you send the exact settings you're using? It does sound like you are very close to rostering the entire NL player pool.
      While the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty.
      --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Here are the settings I am using: 12 teams, NL, 260 budget, 70% Offensive budget, 17 bench players, Balanced Valuation, Replacement Salary 1. I don't change any of the positions as they are standard for us and don't mark any of them scarce.

Help!

Am I making a mistake by listing 17 bench players? We are an ultra league with 40 man rosters (23 man active rosters with 17 man benches) so I assumed that's how I set the valuator.

Thanks Rob!

Comment

That's a lot of bench players. Bench players are split evenly between UT and P, so you're telling the valuation engine that there are (14 + 9) * 12 batters to be drafted, which is almost the entire pool of NL players we track. I'd guess from your format that you carry a lot of minor leaguers. Do you pay auction dollars out of the $260 budget for all the bench players? If not, I'd enter 0 bench. If you do, I'd estimate the number of MLB players each team holds in their reserves and enter that.
          While the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty.
          --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

We do not pay auction dollars for any of the bench players. We have an auction for the 23 man active rosters using the $260 auction dollars and then we have a snake draft for the 17 man reserve list immediately following. We do carry minor league players and most teams keep 2-4 on average each year. I'll enter 0 bench and run it again and see what happens. Thanks Rob!

Comment

Working...
            X