excell help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• excell help

Been trying to transfer HQ CDG data to excell by following HQs instructions:

To use these reports in Excel or LOTUS: Drag your mouse to mark the entire area of the report you wish to copy over and click [CTRL]-C to copy. Then open up your spreadsheet software, click on the cell you wish to be the top left corner of your report, and click [CTRL]-V to paste in the data

But when I do this, ALL the data ends up in ONE cell. What am I doing wrong?
    League I: Roto 12tm mixed 5x5. Pos: 2xC, 1b, 2b, 3b, SS, MI, CI, 5xOF, Util, 4xSP, 2xRP, 3xP, 5 bench

League II: H2H 10tm mixed 5x5. Pos: C, 1b, 2b, 3b, SS, MI, CI, CF, 3xOF, 2xUtil, 4xSP, 2xRP, 3xP, 5 bench

Not sure what's happening. I tried it and it copied correctly.

Comment

Are you talking about the report or the grid? Also, what browser are you using?

Comment

Someone sent an email to Customer Support this week (was it you, natsfan?), and I went back and forth a few times but couldn't reproduce it.

Comment

I tried the report and grid. I was using Mozilla. Do I need to use explorer? I wont have access to a computer with excell for a couple hours, but I'll try a different browser.
          League I: Roto 12tm mixed 5x5. Pos: 2xC, 1b, 2b, 3b, SS, MI, CI, 5xOF, Util, 4xSP, 2xRP, 3xP, 5 bench

League II: H2H 10tm mixed 5x5. Pos: C, 1b, 2b, 3b, SS, MI, CI, CF, 3xOF, 2xUtil, 4xSP, 2xRP, 3xP, 5 bench

Comment

It should have worked for you in Mozilla.

Comment

I use Firefox, and I get inconsistent results depending on what I do. Here are some methods that work for me:

1. For the report, I highlight just the report, starting with the first column heading (NAME). When I paste the report, I use Paste Special, Text.

2. For the report, I can also do Edit, Select All, and then do a regular paste into Excel. I can then click on the HQ banner image and delete it.

3. For the grid, the only way I can get it to work is to use Edit, Select All, and then a straight paste into Excel. Highlighting just the grid does not work for me regardless of what kind of paste I use.

Comment

Try right clicking anywhere in the middle of the data - there will be an option Export to Excel - that should to the trick.
                5x5 10 Team Deep NL Keeper, 5x5 12 Team Mixed

Comment

Originally posted by Nachos View Post
                  Try right clicking anywhere in the middle of the data - there will be an option Export to Excel - that should to the trick.
                  Export to Excel? I've never seen that in IE, and it doesn't exist in Firefox... but I have IE 6.0. Is that an IE 7 option?

Comment

Probably a plugin provides that option.
                    While the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty.
                    --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I actually had the one cell problem work today. it was quite strange. I tried everyting I could ie change file extension name, try to save as different format etc..At home though, on my laptop and on my desktop, it works fine. i use IE for all three computers - work, desktop and laptop
                      10 team 6X6 Mixed (OBP for hitting, IP and K/9 instead of K's, QS instead of W's for pitching)
                      1 C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, 3OF, 1UT
                      4SP, 2RP

Comment

Working...
                      X