Projections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projections

Is their anyway to have an update on players whose numbers moved substantially in a week or so. So we can know to check out those particular players. Im using Sherill as an example here. His numbers were ehh a few days ago. Now they went up substanially. Was just odd that Adam Jones projections changed the next day. Sherill's didnt change for a week. So people may not have checked back to realize the difference in his numbers.

There are numerous threads/requests for this over the years, fact of the matter is that it's very difficult to do. Any number can change any day, either on the projection or playing time side.

Comment

Mr Murphy im not saying any number changing. Im talking a significant number. A guy going from 5 saves to 17. A guys AB's going up by 150. Which will affect his counting stats as well. Thats what im talking about here.

Im not saying a hitter whose RBI's go up by 2 or 3. WHo cares about that change.

Put a footnote or something. Saying these guys projections changed by over 10%. Then list the guys names.

Comment

I understand what you're asking for, and why it would be valuable. It's just not as easy as it sounds.

Comment

"its not supposed to be easy, if it were easy, everyone would do it...."

who am i?
          "I mean, look at you. You don't even have a name tag. You've got no chance. Why don't you just fall down?"

-Nigel Powers (Goldmember)

5*5 HTH 10 teams $380 cap
          Use OPS instead of AVG and Saves +.5Holds.
          28 man rosters 20 man Farms (C,1b,2b,3b,SS, IF, Of, OF, OF, OF, U, U, 8 SP, 4RP)
          Daily Lineup changes, Weekly FAAB. 60/40 hitter/pitcher split.

Comment

Originally posted by jbluestone View Post
            "its not supposed to be easy, if it were easy, everyone would do it...."

who am i?
            Yeah, that's well and good. But we only have so many tech resource hours to allocate. For instance, if the choice was this enhancement, or adding new categories and points-league support to the Custom Valuator, I think we made the right choice.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
              Yeah, that's well and good. But we only have so many tech resource hours to allocate. For instance, if the choice was this enhancement, or adding new categories and points-league support to the Custom Valuator, I think we made the right choice.
              no ray.. name the quote... silly
              "I mean, look at you. You don't even have a name tag. You've got no chance. Why don't you just fall down?"

-Nigel Powers (Goldmember)

5*5 HTH 10 teams $380 cap
              Use OPS instead of AVG and Saves +.5Holds.
              28 man rosters 20 man Farms (C,1b,2b,3b,SS, IF, Of, OF, OF, OF, U, U, 8 SP, 4RP)
              Daily Lineup changes, Weekly FAAB. 60/40 hitter/pitcher split.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
                I understand what you're asking for, and why it would be valuable. It's just not as easy as it sounds.

No problem Mr Murphy. It sounded easy. So figured it was actually easy. But I guess thats why they have the expresion - its not as easy as it sounds.

Comment

Working...
                X