Evaluater Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evaluater Q

I play in a H-H points league. How can I use the HQ evaluator to project player value in my league? If I can not, can you recommend one that can? What about the Rotolab?
    Last edited by lennygalloway; 02-16-2008, 06:25 AM. Reason: mistake
    Head - Head (salary/years) 16 Team, mixed points League. 21 active players: C,1B,2B,3B,SS,CI,MI,LF,CF,RF,U,U,SP,SP,SP,SP,SP,RP ,RP,P,P, 6 Bench, 15 Minors

Batters: AB: -.5, BB: 1, CS: -.4, GDP: -.2, H: .5, HP: 1, K: -.2, R: 1.7, RBI: 1.4, SB: 2, SF: .5, TB: 1
    Pitchers: BB: -1, BS: -8, ER: -3, HA: -1, HB: -1, HD: 3, HRA: -1, INN: 3, K: 1, RW: -2, S: 8, W: 8

We just added points support to the Valuator the other day. Now you can plug in your points scoring formula and get custom rankings. Of course, those values are based on full-season numbers... but even if you're playing a weekly game, you need to start with full-season projected numbers, and the Valuator will do that. Combining that tool with our H2H draft strategies in our weekly H2H column should make you well-prepared.

Comment

Cool

I have been waiting 2 years for this addition. I will go check. The last I tried must have been before the new install.
      Head - Head (salary/years) 16 Team, mixed points League. 21 active players: C,1B,2B,3B,SS,CI,MI,LF,CF,RF,U,U,SP,SP,SP,SP,SP,RP ,RP,P,P, 6 Bench, 15 Minors

Batters: AB: -.5, BB: 1, CS: -.4, GDP: -.2, H: .5, HP: 1, K: -.2, R: 1.7, RBI: 1.4, SB: 2, SF: .5, TB: 1
      Pitchers: BB: -1, BS: -8, ER: -3, HA: -1, HB: -1, HD: 3, HRA: -1, INN: 3, K: 1, RW: -2, S: 8, W: 8

Comment

More Q's

Ok, I just tried it for two of my leagues. There is still the problem of not the same scoring categories and some of them are big, like:

losses - 10
        blown saves - 10
        ER - 3

These are less points but still scored:

caught stealing (cs) -.3
        ground into double play (GDP) -.5
        hit by pitch (HBP) 1
        SH .3

hit batter (HB) -1
        HR allowed (HRA) -1
        Inherited runner scored -.5

Any suggestions? Are you planning on adding more categories? Does rotolab give you this capability? Does any other evaluator that you know of?

Comment

HQ does not project most of the data you're asking for above. If we don't project them, we can't value them, ya know? Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by lennygalloway View Post
            Does rotolab give you this capability? Does any other evaluator that you know of?
            RotoLab does have points based scoring, but with it you will also see some of the these same category issues, not every stat that you can score in a Baseball game are included. Some are nearly random events (i.e., a no hitter), some are nearly impossible to project with any accuracy, and some are just too obscure and not used by many people. For example, Shutouts are not projected by BHQ and therefore are not in RotoLab. When you can't project a stat with some reasonable amount of accuracy, it's best to leave it out of the valuation process. For example, Jake Peavy the NL Cy Young award winner had zero Shutouts. Jeff Weaver with his 6.20 season ERA had two shutouts, go figure.

The important thing to remember is you are trying value players so that they are representative of your league scoring. You are NOT trying to mirror you scoring system down to the 5th digit, that is not where the game is one or lost.

-Merv
            RotoLab

Comment

Originally posted by pate View Post

The important thing to remember is you are trying value players so that they are representative of your league scoring. You are NOT trying to mirror you scoring system down to the 5th digit, that is not where the game is one or lost.

-Merv
              RotoLab
              Yes I understand that, but I think I need to include these 3 at least due to their point schew.

losses -10
              blown saves -10
              ER -3

Does Rotolab have these 3? Do you feel that rotolab is worth the add-on?

Comment

Yes I understand that, but I think I need to include these 3 at least due to their point schew.

losses -10
                blown saves -10
                ER -3

He wrote Rotolab, so I suspect he thinks it's worth it.

So do the rest of us, try a forum search. It's hard to miss the glowing praise.

Comment

losses -10
                  blown saves -10
                  ER -3

Yes, all three of these are in RotoLab.

-Merv

Comment

Originally posted by pate View Post
                    Yes, all three of these are in RotoLab.

-Merv
                    Thak you. Then I shall try rotolab.

Comment

I added L, BSv and ER to the CDG tonight.
                      While the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty.
                      --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
                      X