Primary Keys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primary Keys

I keep a master excel file each year and every couple weeks throughout the season, I update the YTD and projected stats. I use a Vlookup to update, but usually have to do some data manipulation to create a unique value for each player. I would assume within the HQ database, each player has a unique value (primary key). Is it possible to make those values available to the HQ members? Maybe as a column on the projections file or as a selection for MACK?

Thanks!

If you download the "Projection + YTD" version of the CSV files, the key is present there as the first field.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
      If you download the "Projection + YTD" version of the CSV files, the key is present there as the first field.
      Thanks! This is great. Does a playerid stick with the player from year to year?

Comment

Believe so, yes.

Comment

Whew, I thought we had all agreed not to talk politics.

NL 12-team 5x5 auction keeper. no bench, limited 'free' moves #oldschool
          our owners have a combined 292 years of experience in this 36-year-old league that is being cryogenically frozen until spring 2021.
          a redraft, no-transaction "race to the finish" served as our 2020 entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
            Believe so, yes.
            Thanks Ray!

Comment

Originally posted by Howie M View Post
              Whew, I thought we had all agreed not to talk politics.

I may be a forum rookie, but I know better.

Comment

You can also get the ID's on the Projection only files by appending &ids=1 to the URL in the links. For example,
                Code:
                http://www.baseballhq.com/members/tools/projections/proj.php?lg=A&p=B&t=P&f=csv&ids=1
                While the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty.
                --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by RobR@HQ View Post
                  You can also get the ID's on the Projection only files by appending &ids=1 to the URL in the links. For example,
                  Code:
                  http://www.baseballhq.com/members/tools/projections/proj.php?lg=A&p=B&t=P&f=csv&ids=1
                  Great information! Thanks so much. This will be very helpful!!

Comment

Working...
                  X