Weekly Stats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekly Stats

I am in a head to head league... while playing around with all of the excellent information you guys provide I found the Weekly Stats listed under each player individually... I think this would be a great tie breaker for me when deciding between a few different players during this years snake draft... the players with the higher number of weeks peforming above average may indicate more consistancy which in HQ's H2H articles is the constant theme on how to win in a weekly h2h league.

My question is: Is there a way to get these weekly stats for every player without having to go into each one and update a spreadsheet for myself manually?

Thank you!

You can look at the "YTD" versions of the projection files for information about "last 7 days" and "last 31 days" performance.

But no, you can't get the individual player "rollups" from Playerlink in a one-file format at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by lego yo ego View Post
      the players with the higher number of weeks peforming above average may indicate more consistancy which in HQ's H2H articles is the constant theme on how to win in a weekly h2h league.
      lego - for what it's worth, I think that the jury is far from settled on whether consistency is the key to winning H2H leagues. It's a mantra that is often repeated, but I haven't seen any good data or analyses (that I recall anyway, I'm happy to be corrected) that in any way prove it (or try to).

I've done some work on it myself and while the data prove nothing, they are much more in line with the hypothesis that consistency is not "extra" valuable in H2H.

There are a couple of threads on the subject here and here:

Consistency and H2H
      Why I *HATE* H2H

Comment

Interesting comments about consistancy... but while arguments are made for and against consistancy as a way to gain an advantage in H2H, I didnt really find any suggestions as to what other strategies can be followed to gain an advantage in this style...

we have a limit of 10 starts per week... no limit on relievers... 5 starters/2 reliever and 1 universal pitcher are allowed... 7 cats for pitchers: 5 main categories with Blown Saves and QUality starts...

do i maximize all 10 starts each week, or load up on LIMA relief pitchers?... 3 closers?...

on offense i assume i should rotate players as much as i can to get the # of at bats up... we have 7 cats: normal 5 plus OBP and TB...

wouldnt these cats favor power guys? how much do i weight position scarcity in this format?

i have played and won this league on a consistant basis but am looking for an "angle"... want to crush this year...

Comment

Working...
        X