Current Projection Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current Projection Files

How do we know the date that the projection spreadsheets are good for? I have a database where I import them in checking for changes and stuff and wanted to know when to get the new one. I can't find a date that they were updated.

Thanks.
    John
    Commish / RLCC / AL only 4X4 / since 1987
    Rotisserie League of Central Connecticut
    Owner - MudHens

If you open any of the HTML projection files (as opposed to the CSV downloads), there's a last updated date there. It's currently 12-26.

Comment

Actually, I believe that date refers to when the performance rate projections were last updated. The playing time projections are updated much more frequently.
      "Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." -- George Carlin

Comment

Pitchers

For the last two updates, dollar values for pitchers have been exactly the same for 4x4 as for 5x5. Is this a programming error, or did you intentionally use the same formula for both formats?

Often, closers are worth 5-10 dollars less in ten-category leagues than in 8-category leagues--even using a TCP, that's a big deal. I'm not so much worried about the absolute dollar amounts, which as I am aware are particularly meaningless this time of year, as I am about the relative values, especially between starters and relievers.

Thanks.

Comment

I notice that through a month of the updates thus far, Jeff Conine continues to be projected for 102 AB and 0 hits, an impressive -$18 value.

I know that at this early date the playing time projection is not meaningful, as his veteran savvy might get him into the lineup more or less than that despite his apparent blindness. However, since he's in the NL, I wonder how, apart from the obvious impact to his rate stats, this inability to see might affect his ability to appear defensively, or even make it too the ballpark, and how this might in the future be weighted into his projections? Also I note that he's rated a 50% chance to improve on the projected 0.000 AVG, which seems either way too high or way too low.
          http://youtu.be/YtpkrIS4Sig?hd=1

Comment

I'll escalate the 4x4/5x5 and Conine issues. Thanks for pointing them out.

Comment

Originally posted by usualsuspects View Post
              I notice that through a month of the updates thus far, Jeff Conine continues to be projected for 102 AB and 0 hits, an impressive -$18 value.

I know that at this early date the playing time projection is not meaningful, as his veteran savvy might get him into the lineup more or less than that despite his apparent blindness. However, since he's in the NL, I wonder how, apart from the obvious impact to his rate stats, this inability to see might affect his ability to appear defensively, or even make it too the ballpark, and how this might in the future be weighted into his projections? Also I note that he's rated a 50% chance to improve on the projected 0.000 AVG, which seems either way too high or way too low.
              lol... meanwhile the search for 113 continues...

Comment

Pitching 4x4 and 5x5 should have now resumed their normal relationship. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
                While the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty.
                --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
                X