Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny Parra

There is no projection for Manny Parray, P, Milwaukee

He has no playing time projected. http://baseballhq.com/members/tools/...nk.php?tmid=23
    While the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty.
    --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Why no projected playing time? Forecaster does.

Comment

There is the problem of how to project playing time for all seven starters. I think it's incorrect to project Parra to be completely squeezed out. There also are three guys (King, Wise, & Lehr) who are no longer with the Brewers.

Comment

Originally posted by boness View Post
          There is the problem of how to project playing time for all seven starters. I think it's incorrect to project Parra to be completely squeezed out. There also are three guys (King, Wise, & Lehr) who are no longer with the Brewers.
          Good point. There are 20 pitchers on the 40-man roster. After the Top 4 of Sheets, Bush, Gallardo, and Suppan, you have a whole lot of guys after 1 spot. Nobody knows if Parra will get that spot out of ST, or hold that spot, or maybe get his shot mid-season. So even if you're right, and Parra gets a shot, and let's say you therefore give Parra say 100 IP in the next round of projections, that's worth probably about $3-$4 in NL-only, and probably below replacement level in Mixed Leagues. And that's the most you could possibly project for him with the limited information available today. He could work out of the bullpen as well, and never get close to 100 IP. So $0 is probably a midpoint estimate right now.

Maybe you could argue that he might get 50 IP out of the bullpen and be worth $1-$2 in NL only. There's your forecast range. An end-gamer, regardless.
          Last edited by GoldenEagle; 12-16-2007, 10:43 AM.
          "As often is the case, GE is right." -- Davitt@HQ

Comment

I don't really care how much time Parra is projected to get, just that he gets some so he gets a projection.

In Scoresheet, Parra is a borderline keeper in continuing leagues.

Comment

I'll send a note to the MIL playing time analyst re: Parra.

Comment

Parra's (non) playing time

First of all, thanks for the heads up on this. My response and mea culpa....

In a nutshell, I zeroed him out at last season when he hit the DL for the rest of the year. I kind of soured on him given his injury history, then flat-out neglected him (consciously or subconsciously) when it came time to project for 2008. He does deserve at least some token innings, which I'm doing right now.
                Famous Hokies in major league history: Johnny Oates, Franklin Stubbs, Brad Clontz, Mike Williams, Joe Saunders

Comment

Paul - Thank you for the prompt response.

Comment

Can someone touch on his injury history? Outside of his thumb injury, which seems more of a freak kind of accident rather than an indictment on his ability to stay healthy, all I could come up with was some nebulous shoulder injury that required "minor surgery". In looking at his numbers at the baseball cube, it would seem that he logged a fair amount of innings for a kid prior to the injury, moving his way up and then once he worked out the kinks following shoulder surgery in the Florida State League, began to dominate batters again.

I only ask becasue I wonder, long term, how he stacks up against other top pitching prospects?
                    "We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams"
                    Willy Wonka

Comment

Working...
                    X