Why does the upload of my pic fail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does the upload of my pic fail?

Its under 100 by 100 pixels & is only like 8k. The frigging thing fails to upload . It conforms. Can I email it to HQ & have them upload for me?

Open it up in MS-Paint and re-size it.

Comment

Thank's Ray but it still did not work. I used paint & shrunk it more and it still did not take. Your site says under 100 by 100 pixels (check) and under 100kb (check plus) (its about 8kb). Its driving me batty.

Any advice?

Comment

Testing it to see if this pic takes

Comment

This is a joke ... is there a tech support person at BHQ that can help? (BTW, I love the site, just annoyed at this challenge)

Comment

Larry... what format is the file in? (gif? jpg?) In paint, what does it say is the length/width of the pic in pixels?

I've got an old avatar stored on my machine that works, I can send that to you to try, and compare, if you like. Let me know.

Comment

This may be a silly question, but have you clicked the circle that says "Use Custom Avatar"? There are two choices on that page including one that says "Do not use an avatar". Are you sure the correct one has been selected?
              If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything.
              -Bill Lyon

Comment

Originally posted by Neuman@HQ View Post
                This may be a silly question, but have you clicked the circle that says "Use Custom Avatar"? There are two choices on that page including one that says "Do not use an avatar". Are you sure the correct one has been selected?
                Thanks to Neuman & Ray for the help ... its a minor matter and I appreciate your helping. Unfortunately still no luck. I tried Custom Avatar under edit avatar and that did not work either. To answer Ray's question it's 2.92 KB, 87 by 95 pixels, and saved now as a Paint Shop Photo Album Picture (according to properties).

Comment

Okay - Feeling like a Dork

Or to put it in baseball terms: as embarrassed as Jeff Weaver after he's been taken out of a game. Its that bad.

NOW, I can truly say THANKS GUYS!!!

(And Yes, Larry Hockett was the pitching coach in Bull Durham and Yes its not my real name)

Comment

Nice...

Comment

Working...
                    X