Timing Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing Out

I've had a problem of trying to either type out a post or repllying to one and having the baord time out on me. This forces me to log back in and (unless I save what I typed) lose everything I've typed out.

Is there a toggle or something to reset the timing out feature?
    "Get your a** back there! The only thing you know about pitching is that you can't hit it". ~Bob Gibson to his catcher Tim McCarver when McCarver approached him on the mound.

Have you tried selecting the "keep me logged in" feature of the forums? This should fix that problem

Comment

Originally posted by DiMaggio View Post
      I've had a problem of trying to either type out a post or repllying to one and having the baord time out on me. This forces me to log back in and (unless I save what I typed) lose everything I've typed out.

Is there a toggle or something to reset the timing out feature?
      YES, I've had this problem! So annoying (as usually it's a long post you get timed out on and then lose).

What I do is just hit "Preview Post" frequently while composing. This button seems to reset the timeout "clock" and then I can continue to compose my post. Another tactic is if I think I might be past the timeout period I click "CTRL A" (select all) and "CTRL C" (copy). Then if I am timed out I can simply log in and type "CTRL V" (paste) to get my composition back.

Another way is sometimes the browser back button works and I can get back to the page to copy what I lost. But sometimes it doesn't work and I haven't figured out why it varies so I prefer the two above.

GOOD LUCK!
      "The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step." Translation: Try to learn something new every day.
      Leagues: Auction - 15tm Mixed 6x6 ...... Snake - 15tm Mixed 5x5 live, 2x15tm Mixed 5x5 email, 15tm Mixed 5x5 email custom.

Comment

Working...
      X