MACK issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MACK issues

I'm having trouble setting up teams in MACK. It's the FAQ issue of dropping players from teams. The solution as stated in the FAQ is that its related to old or corrupted cookies.

Per the instructions, I've looked for old/corrupted cookies and can't find anything. I'm not a techie, but I did run a search on "cookies" and none of the ones found seemed connected to baseballhq.

It's very possible I don't know what I'm looking for, so if you could give some guidance on how to find/identify those cookies, I will give it a try.

Thanks.
    "Can't anybody here play this game?" The old Perfessor

Kasey, it sometimes has trouble with different browsers as well.
    Even though the Mack suggests using IE, I use others.
    I am using a Mac and cleared my cookies on both Safari and Firefox and both load all the teams I need.
    When you are online with your browser, go to the "Preferences" window and somewhere in there On Safari, IE, Firefox, there is a way to clear certain, or all cookies- usually in the privacy areas.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Thanks, Teddy

I sorted through the cookies. I found several from BBHQ, but most seemed to be related to forum usage. I deleted them anyway. Maybe I'll have time this weekend to try to reload Mack and hope it takes this time.

Comment

I'll never get Mack to work

I've deleted cookies. I've renamed teams. I've created some reports. But some teams keep dropping players. I've saved them, but as soon as I change screens, the players are being dropped.

Does anyone know what's going on? Even more important, is there a solution?

Comment

Honestly Kasey, I believe it is MACK. That has always happened to me, I add teams, by the time I was done, the pitchers on the first team are gone or all the players on the 3rd team, etc. etc. I have used different browsers, different computers. Years ago I was told it was my computer or my browser. I would like to hear from someone who uses it exclusively and never has issues with teams being erased. After many years, I just got rotolab instead.

Comment

Doc, that makes me feel better. Not that you have trouble too, but I was feeling totally inadequate on this thing. I loaded my league in hoping to generate reports that would predict standings well enough to assess my team (and my competitors). That seems to be one of the touted uses for MACK, but I think it's buggy.

Did the TQStats programmers work on this thing?

Comment

I gave up on Mack last year

I have had problems with saving teams for a few years. Finally, early last year I gave up on relying on Mack. I only use it for immediate analysis, get my data and don't worry about it being saved.

This problem should have been fixed by now. I accept it as one weakness in Bbhq but recognize all the other fine features which work so well.
              Rbbl

Comment

Originally posted by Kasey View Post
                I'm having trouble setting up teams in MACK. It's the FAQ issue of dropping players from teams. The solution as stated in the FAQ is that its related to old or corrupted cookies.

Per the instructions, I've looked for old/corrupted cookies and can't find anything. I'm not a techie, but I did run a search on "cookies" and none of the ones found seemed connected to baseballhq.

It's very possible I don't know what I'm looking for, so if you could give some guidance on how to find/identify those cookies, I will give it a try.

Thanks.
                I'm having the same issues. I restored all my old cookies, rebooted my PC, but still don't the teams that I set up in MACK.
                [SIZE=10px]blueboy714[/SIZE]

[I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=8px]AMBL - cumulative points league with original rules established 1977 and continuous league since 1983 (40th consecutive year in 2023)
                Lineup: Start 1-C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, Any Infielder, 3-OF, 1-OF/DH, 5-SP, 3-RP, 1-Any P and Reserves-11[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
                [I][SIZE=8px][FONT=Arial]Our point scoring system is:
                ++ Batting : R=1, H=1, 2B=1, 3B=2, HR=2, RBI=1, SB=1, CS=minus 1, BB=0.5, K=minus 0.5, E=minus 1
                ++ Pitching : W=4.5, L=minus 3, Save=4.5, Hold=3, BS=minus 3, QS=1, IP=1.5, H=minus 0.5, ER=minus 0.5, BB=minus 0.5, K=0.5 [/FONT][/SIZE][/I]

Comment

It most likely is just an error in the MACK engine. I don't think there is much you can do.

Comment

I agree - I spend one time inputting some stuff, jot down some numbers, and pray some or all of the rosters are there the next time.

Of course, I'm a computer buffoon.
                    NL 12-team 5x5 auction keeper. no bench, limited 'free' moves #oldschool
                    our owners have a combined 292 years of experience in this 36-year-old league that is being cryogenically frozen until spring 2021.
                    a redraft, no-transaction "race to the finish" served as our 2020 entertainment

Comment

HQ is strangely quiet on this thread. Tells me there is no solution to our problem.

Comment

Sorry about the delayed response.

You're all correct that this is related to cookies.

Kasey - I don't believe you stated what your browser was... what is your operating system/browser? Do you have any security software installed? (IE: anti-popup stuff/privacy stoftware)

There should be a username@baseballhq file in your cookies folder. BaseballHQ uses a number of different cookies through our site (IE for the forums as aforementioned) so it might take some digging to find the right file. It would definetly be named @baseballhq[x] (a number where the x is)

Comment

You're all correct that this is related to cookies.

Kasey - I don't believe you stated what your browser was... what is your operating system/browser? Do you have any security software installed? (IE: anti-popup stuff/privacy stoftware)

There should be a username@baseballhq file in your cookies folder. BaseballHQ uses a number of different cookies through our site (IE for the forums as aforementioned) so it might take some digging to find the right file. It would definetly be named @baseballhq[x] (a number where the x is)
                          Mike,

The system is Windows XP, running the latest Internet Explorer with medium security settings, popup blocker enabled and Norton Security.

I went back into the files and deleted all the baseballhq cookies and rebuilt my leagues teams. I even renamed some teams that had issues. It just didn't matter - players continued to be dropped, seemingly randomly (that is, the same teams lost players, but the players were random).

Comment

I had 3 team rosters loaded since opening day, along with 2 teams set up to compare different free agents. Yesterday I lost 2 of the teams. Figured it was somethingI did. This morning I went back and loaded the lost teams. I just went back and 2 different teams have disappeared.

Comment

Any chance you've run any disk cleanup or anti spyware software? these often delete cookies which could result in an issue such as being seen. I'm working on trying to reproduce this right now... without much luck so far.

Comment

Working...
                              X