Mujica and Mastny missing from Custom Valuations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mujica and Mastny missing from Custom Valuations

The title says it all, don't know how many other pitchers are missing, but these are pretty solid guys to be missing from the Custom Draft Guides.......Please solve!
    DaNeros--1st place C.R.A.P. League, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2008
    AL 4x4 Standard League(s)

Given that neither player is projected to have significant MLB playing time, your examples don't convince me that there is a systems issue. Perhaps you merely disagree with BBHQ's projection of no playing time.
    "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

Michael's right... if you look them up in Playerlink, neither carries any playing time right now. If they make the team for Opening Day, they'll pick some innings back up in the projections, which will feed the CV tool.

Comment

OK, interesting

That would explain it.

However, much lesser players are included in the projections (Josh Rupe, Willie Ayre, for ex.), and given that Mastny was the de facto closer at the end of the year, it wouldn't be a stretch to include him. That and the fact these guys both have good skills.
        DaNeros--1st place C.R.A.P. League, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2008
        AL 4x4 Standard League(s)

Comment

Yes, they have good skills, but Cleveland picked up a bunch of relievers in the off-season, pushing several existing relievers down in the pecking order.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            Yes, they have good skills, but Cleveland picked up a bunch of relievers in the off-season, pushing several existing relievers down in the pecking order.
            That was the logic used when considering PT for them. However, with the news that Matt Miller may be out for 3 weeks, either Mujica or Mastny may make the team. A little bit of PT has been added to each.

Comment

Sure enough, today's Market Watch column covers Mastny.

Comment

Working...
              X