Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Draft Rankings

I'm in a 5x5 roto league that uses: R,HR, RBI, OBP and SB

I'm in the process of doing my catcher rankings, and I'm puzzled that Michael Barrett ends up at NV on the grid. How is he ranked below guys like Gerald Laird? He has a greater 5x5 value and his OBP is projected to be significantly higher.

Thanks,

Number of teams, number at each postion, offensive budget, force positions, valuation method?
    While the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty.
    --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Number of teams, number at each postion, offensive budget, force positions, valuation method?

16 teams
      C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF,OF,OF,Util, 5SP, 2RP,2P, 3 Bench
      $260
      Results were the same with Top Player and Balanced
      No Forced Positions

Comment

Yeah, doesn't make sense. I'd guess it was Laird's 7 SB getting overvalued. Some fixes I'm working on should address this though.
        While the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty.
        --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Rob, any news with this?

Comment

Fixes should appear this week.
            --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Rob,

I have an auction this Saturday, and I'm trying to compile my draft materials. Could you possibly let me know when the fix has occurred?

Comment

I will try to find all the threads about this and update them when I deploy the update. I may just make a post in the tech support forum.
                --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Updates were released this evening.
                  --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Problem with special (low) budgets...

My league uses a $30 budget (hold over from a long time ago in college). Prior to the updates, the custom valuator adjusted well for this. However, even with fractional dollar values checked, the prices are now wrong.

Yesterday, was Pujols $4.32 and Wagner was $3.03. (62% hitting, aggressive, force position, 10 team NL).

This morning, Pujols is still the top hitter at $2.13 and the pool ends with Alex Sanchez at $0.84. Russ Ortiz (!!!!) is the top pitcher at $1.18 and Wagner is lowest at $0.77.

Entered with $260 budgets the values look reasonable, but low budgets are no longer handled well. Leaders are too low, replacement level is too high, and I'm especially curious why the pitcher population is inverted.
                    Last edited by Maturin; 03-22-2007, 05:13 AM. Reason: left a name out...
                    \"I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the sea-shore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me.\"
                    Isaac Newton (1642-1727)

Comment

Ahhh my apologies, the replacment level had been moved from $0 to $1. For now, I've reverted it to $0 which doesn't have much impact on leagues with standard budgets.
                      --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
                      X