Linking Wilton's Injury Notes to Playerlink Database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linking Wilton's Injury Notes to Playerlink Database

I think one of the smaller hurdles for new HQers to overcome is how and where to find older information that still bears upon the here and now. I've always wanted an easy-to-navigate archive of everything from HQ's past, and I'm still crossing my fingers that that happens in the near future.

But that has nothing to do with my current request.

I've noticed that players mentioned in Wilton's injury analysis posts are not hyperlinked. I've always made an assumption that if a player is hyperlinked in an HQ article, the information attached to his name is automatically dumped onto his playerlink database. True or false?

It seems to me that it would be very useful to HQers if the blurbs in Wilton's analyses were placed onto each player's playerlink database. I know there are already short synopses of the players' current injuries, but it would be nice to be able to see injury histories as well, and placing that info into the database would make that possible.

Just an idea.
    10 team al-only auction dynasty league. $285 budget. 35-man roster, 8-man minor league roster. We start 9 offensive & 11 pitchers (everything else is reserve). Stats: Off - R H HR RBI BB SB AVG OPS Pitch - QS S HLD K ERA K/BB WHIP BAA. also in a 10 team nl-only league w/ the same settings.

Originally posted by birty74 View Post
    It seems to me that it would be very useful to HQers if the blurbs in Wilton's analyses were placed onto each player's playerlink database.
    They do get placed into Playerlink, by me.

Comment

I guess I'd never noticed that they appeared in the Playerlink Database. I was looking for today's injury reports on the individual player pages, and they weren't there. I thought to myself, "Surely they don't hand enter those into the database."

But I guess you do.

Do your market watches have to be hand copied into the Playerlink Database as well? I would think there'd be some lines of code that would cause any information you write about a particular player to be duplicated in the database. But maybe not.

Thanks for all of that tedious work. You're a baseball martyr.
      10 team al-only auction dynasty league. $285 budget. 35-man roster, 8-man minor league roster. We start 9 offensive & 11 pitchers (everything else is reserve). Stats: Off - R H HR RBI BB SB AVG OPS Pitch - QS S HLD K ERA K/BB WHIP BAA. also in a 10 team nl-only league w/ the same settings.

Comment

It's all hand-copied for now.

Sometimes I do run a few days behind, so that is why you didn't see Dr. HQ's notes in PL this morning, but you should see them there now.

P.S. The Market Watch writers put their own notes into PL, so I am only a partial martyr.

Comment

Working...
        X