Custom Draft Guide Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Draft Guide Setup

How do you guys setup the custom draft guide for a 12 team league with standard 23 man roster and $260 and a 9 round draft after the auction for the bench. I was thinking of just making this into a 17 team league so that I can show all the potential players I should be looking at.

Thoughts?
    13-Team Mixed League / 14 hitters, 9 pitchers, 6 reserve, / 5x5: AVG, R, HR, RBI, SB, W, S, ERA, WHIP, K/9 / Auction / salary cap $310/FAAB/ Keeper $5 bump per year
    12-Team Mixed League / 14 hitters, 9 pitchers, 12 reserve, / 5x5: OBP, R, HR, RBI, SB, W, S, ERA, WHIP, K / Auction / salary cap $310/FA Draft / Keeper $5 bump per year

If you set the number of bench players to 9 in the tool, it will show you the guys who should be worth putting on the bench, without skewing the dollar values for your auction. Don't make it a 17-team league, that will throw the $$ values totally out of whack.

Comment

I gave it a try
      5x5
      hr,rbi, oba, sb, r
      w,sv,k, era,whip

With 12 teams no bench
      1)Pujols 38
      2)Arod 33

With 12 9 player bench it gave the following values
      1)Pujols 31
      2)Arod 28

Does this seem right
      13-Team Mixed League / 14 hitters, 9 pitchers, 6 reserve, / 5x5: AVG, R, HR, RBI, SB, W, S, ERA, WHIP, K/9 / Auction / salary cap $310/FAAB/ Keeper $5 bump per year
      12-Team Mixed League / 14 hitters, 9 pitchers, 12 reserve, / 5x5: OBP, R, HR, RBI, SB, W, S, ERA, WHIP, K / Auction / salary cap $310/FA Draft / Keeper $5 bump per year

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
        If you set the number of bench players to 9 in the tool, it will show you the guys who should be worth putting on the bench, without skewing the dollar values for your auction. Don't make it a 17-team league, that will throw the $$ values totally out of whack.
        I don't believe this is true. Half the bench players are allocated at UT players and half are allocated as pitchers. I'm interested in hearing more of your idea Ray. How does what you described differ from looking at the top guys in the replacement value and below section?

gr8smoke, are you saying you have a 23 man active roster and 9 further men on each team's bench?
        While the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty.
        --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I'm in the same 2 leagues with Gr8smoke. He must be busy, and hasn't responded. In one league, we have 23 active with a 6 player bench. In the other, we have 23 active with a 12 player bench. In both cases, we fill the bench with a straight draft after the auction.
          Look at that cave man go!

Comment

Is any salary assigned to the bench players?
            While the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty.
            --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Yes, but it does not count against the $260 auction limit. The salaries that are assigned are for the purposes of a) allocating the players against our in-season active salary cap and b) keeper salaries for the following season in one league.

So, we auction 23 guys per team (includes the keepers from the previous year) for the $260 per team budget. Then we do a 12 round draft to fill benches, but those do not count against the auction budget. I think Andy's question relates to how to get/show "values" for the guys who aren't quite up to the level of the auction, but will be on our benches.

My answer is to use Rotolab. But heck, I don't want HIM doing that. :-) It's bad enough that he's on this site!
              Look at that cave man go!

Comment

Thanks Alley Oops for the recap.

What is the difference between rotolab and the custom draft guide? I'd think about using it but three of the last four years he's finished behind me

Are the projections the same?

Comment

Working...
                X