My NetGear hates BBHQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My NetGear hates BBHQ

Not sure if you guys can help, because it's not technically a problem with your site, but I thought perhaps someone else may have run into this problem at some point. Here goes:

I have a NetGear router set up at home, and ever since I installed it, I can no longer view BaseballHQ.com (I'm at work right now, hence my ability to type this).

I don't know what it is, but every time I try to go to the site, my NetGear wireless transmission times out, and I have to reset my broadband modem to regain any sort of internet connection.

I've tried messing around with my Internet Explorer settings and security, the whole nine, but to no avail.

It doesn't happen to any other site that I've come across (lucky me, just my favorite). It's more than just a coincidence, because I must have tried a hundred times over the course of a month, and invariably it only happens when trying to access BBHQ (not even sign in, mind you, just attempting to bring up the homepage results in a time out).

Does NetGear hate me, or has anyone else encountered this?

BTW - if you have any ideas, can you please send me an e-mail @ vino17@aol.com, since I won't be able to log on to BBHQ over the 3-day weekend...!

Again, I know it isn't really a BBHQ issue... but I'm desperate! Thanks.
    - No Salary
    - 10-player Keeper League
    - 16-team, 8x8 H2H, 18 active, 7 reserve, 10 minors
    Avg, R, HR, RBI, TB, BB, SB, Field%
    IP, K, W, ERA, WHIP, Sv, Ho, QS

I am by no means a technical expert on anything computer related.

However, I have a NetGear wireless router and I do NOT have any problem getting on the site.

I know that doesn't solve your problem, but perhaps it indicates the solution lies elsewhere.

Comment

I'm not a techie nor do I play one on TV. So, taking total shots in the dark --

* Is it possible a software-based firewall on your home computer has BHQ on its blocked list? (I have mistakenly blocked sites before.)
      * Is it possible your ISP is blocking BHQ?
      * Is it possible the NetGear router has its own firewall that is blocking BHQ?

Comment

I might try a 'restore factory defaults' on the Netgear device, which would wipe out any setting you have put on the router, including the name of your network, encryption, etc. You use a pen to prick the embedded button on the back of the router (usually). Drastic, but it should clearly tell you if the problem was a router setting.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, guys. I'll try that.
          - No Salary
          - 10-player Keeper League
          - 16-team, 8x8 H2H, 18 active, 7 reserve, 10 minors
          Avg, R, HR, RBI, TB, BB, SB, Field%
          IP, K, W, ERA, WHIP, Sv, Ho, QS

Comment

Working...
          X