csv file format - need fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• csv file format - need fix

Not sure if it was intended or not, but player names in the CSV files have an extra space after the end of the name (i.e "Davis, Jason ", Gordon, Alex "). it's not a big deal, but i just want to make sure whether this was intended or not since I'll need to reformat my vlookups.

Thanks.

The file format will be reverting to last year's over the weekend. Please see how it looks then. I believe that trailing space is the result of appending the middle initial for guys who don't have one and will disappear.
    While the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty.
    --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Latest .csv Files

To me "surfer," the sudden change (although apparently unintended) to the .csv files is a big deal. Same as you, it screwed up the VLOOKUP functions in my Excel worksheets. So, I either redo the functions or wait until the files revert to their previous formats. NOTE: With very few exceptions, who needs to know a player's middle name anyway?

Comment

Latest .csv Files

Now that's more like it... It appears the file formats are back to normal. Not sure why HQ decided to tinker with them in the first place. After all, it they weren't really broken to begin with, why try and fix them? On the other hand, I suppose if HQ insists on tweaking them, it's better that they be tweaked now rather than during the regular season.

Comment

Thanks for reverting back to the old format. It sure would be nice if we could receive a warniong if there were any future format changes to these files.
          "Babe Ruth is dead, throw strikes !!!" ---- Art Fowler

Comment

My experience is that there are no warnings but that they are much less likely to tinker with the spreadsheet projection files during a season than they are in the off-season.
            "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

BTW, Mike K., you do know that Art Fowler died recently too, right?
              "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

Working...
              X