Downloading Stat Projections Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Tom, you could highlight only those rows of the spreadsheet that contain relevant data and then click on the column, autofit option. That should do the trick too.
    Thanks, I do know that. I'm just used to resizing the entire spreadsheet and saving so that I've got a nicer-looking set of projections on file. Every row of the spreadsheet is relevant to me, except for that last one...

Comment

Player names can change throughout the year as stat feed updates make their way to us. One column of last, first initial naming is here for the year.
      While the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty.
      --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

That's too bad. Having to know the middle initial for every player is going to be a pain when using my spreadsheet during the draft...

Comment

Will all players have a middle initial or just some?

Comment

I'm with reddeer

There is a small contingent that use excel to do a number of functions that RotoLab does. To have names of players changing throughout the year and including middle initials for some players but not others is frustrating. I understand the need for the two Chris Young's in the NL, but is there anything we can do to limit those two things?

Comment

i was also disappointed that the name format had changed. to fix it back, i used a RIGHT function on the name and SEARCH'd those results for a space " ". the result is either a 1 or a 2. a 1 means a middle initial exists, a 2 means it doesn't. you should be able to then use that to perform a series of LEN functions to parse the single column into a last name (LEFT) and a first name (MID) without the middle initial. i'm back on track now.

Comment

Ron just emailed me and asked me to revert the name format to match last season. I'll be doing the work before the end of the weekend.

This won't stop all names from changing througout the year, but will remove middle initial and put first and last names in separate columns.

Sorry for going full circle on you.
                While the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty.
                --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

The format is reverted. Let me know any further issues.
                  --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
                  X