Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAY@HQ
    replied
    Stat Boy, the projections were CSV format last year, too. Whatever worked for you then should work now.

If you lose the columns, you should be able to fix that by doing 'Text to Columns' function in Excel, or just highlighting the data and indicating that it's comma-delimited.

Leave a comment:

• Stat Boy
    replied
    Explanation of Downloading Problems

I use Safari -- and have had no problems with it in the past. In fact, downloading last years final stats from the site, no problem, right into Excel. When I use CSV, I have to spend a fair amount of time adjusting the lower case letters to upper case and adjusting the column sizes and then when I try to save it as an Excel file, it gets rids of all the columns and just runs everything together. I tried the trick someone suggested of copying and pasting the CSV file into an Excel file as opposed to first trying to make the adjustments and that seemed to work better. But I don't understand what changed from the previous way of downloading the projections or why it changed. As the saying goes, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." So my question is A) Why was it changed? and B) Is there a way to make it as easy as it was to download the projections now?

Leave a comment:

• SteveL
    replied
    I'm still having some problems, but usually get it figured out.

It was a lot nicer in past years when the files were available as Excel files directly off the site.

Leave a comment:

• usualsuspects
    replied
    Originally posted by Stat Boy View Post
    I have used HQ for years without any technical problems. I click on the projections and they download right to an Excel file. In fact, when I do it with last years stats -- no problem. But for some reason with this CSV format, it's not working well at all. What's changed? Is there anything I'm doing wrong? It worked perfectly last year and my setup hasn't changed. I use a Mac OS X with Microsoft Office Excel. And, I repeat, I have no problem downloading last year's stats on the same page right to Excel. What's going on and how do I fix it?

The answer to this question for me about 3 weeks ago was that if you're using a web query to download the stats, you have to target the HTML files, not the CSV files. Can't say how that worked in the pre-CSV era.

Leave a comment:

• RAY@HQ
    replied
    Originally posted by teddyballgame View Post
    Ray, I do have a question when using the CV.
    You can only download that to an excel program by "copying" and then "pasting."correct?
    For the CV tool, yes, that's correct.

Leave a comment:

• teddyballgame
    replied
    Stat Boy I also have Mac OS X and mine has no problem loading to the Excel sheet.

It may be your browser.

I had probs last season with Firefox and downloads from here, so I found that either Safari or Explorer seemed to work.
    I use Safari for most of it, but if using the custom reports and I want to copy all to my own excel sheet, I have to use Explorer, otherwise it all copies to ONE CELL.

Ray, I do have a question when using the CV.
    You can only download that to an excel program by "copying" and then "pasting."correct?

Leave a comment:

• RAY@HQ
    replied
    Can you tell us a little more about exactly what's happening, other than "it's not working well at all"? Are you getting some sort of error msg? Is something wrong with the projection file when you open it?

Leave a comment:

• Stat Boy
    started a topic Downloading Stat Projections Problem

Downloading Stat Projections Problem

I have used HQ for years without any technical problems. I click on the projections and they download right to an Excel file. In fact, when I do it with last years stats -- no problem. But for some reason with this CSV format, it's not working well at all. What's changed? Is there anything I'm doing wrong? It worked perfectly last year and my setup hasn't changed. I use a Mac OS X with Microsoft Office Excel. And, I repeat, I have no problem downloading last year's stats on the same page right to Excel. What's going on and how do I fix it?
Working...
X