X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Draft Guides

There appear to be some problems with the functioning of the Custom Draft
    Guides.

First, it put players at positions for which they don't qualify using any number of
    games played. For example, Mark Teahen and Kendry Morales are both listed
    in the OF when neither player qualifies in the outfield entering 2007.

Second, I entered the information for values for a 10 team standard 5X5 league
    with a 260 cap. I got the positional grid. I then ran the same parameters, but
    forced positions so that there would be enough catchers with a positive values.
    When I did that, Mike Piazza, who qualifies at catcher and is listed at DH, went
    from an $8 value the first time that I ran it to a $0 value when I forced positions.
    So based on the values given, I should pay $1 for Jason LaRue as a catcher
    and Mike Piazza is worth $0. Something is wrong with the way it is calculating
    when positions are forced.

Thanks.

In both cases, I think the issue is the same: there seems to be a bit of a disconnect in our two position assignment fields, "primary" v. "last year". For instance, you'll see that Teahen has a "primary" position of 7 and a "last year" position of 5. That's what is putting Teahen in the OF on the grids.

Similarly, Piazza has a "last year" of 2 and a "primary" of 0 (DH), which is probably what's screwing his value up when you force positions.

I've notified the techies of this, will do so again.

Comment

correct me if I'm wrong but for a good portion of last season wasn't the "Scarcity" option listed as "coming soon" ? I notice that it still is listed as "coming soon". Just wondering if it really is going to be an option this year or maybe it's too complex and not happenning?

I usually compile one myself and use the Straight Draft Guide but it would be nice to be able to get constant updates as projections change.

Comment

There has also been a problem in the NL only custom draft guides and grids.

Ryan Dempster does not appear on the custom draft guides.

He does appear on the projections pages.

Comment

I think my question may have gone unseen in this thread so copying below. Thanks.

"correct me if I'm wrong but for a good portion of last season wasn't the "Scarcity" option listed as "coming soon" ? I notice that it still is listed as "coming soon". Just wondering if it really is going to be an option this year or maybe it's too complex and not happenning?

I usually compile one myself and use the Straight Draft Guide but it would be nice to be able to get constant updates as projections change."

Comment

We are working to correct all these issues.

Our tech group has a project plan for this winter. However, the time constraints of the upcoming draft season force them to just accomplish as much as they can (according to the plan hierarchy), but not promise anything specific in advance.

We are within a week or so of launching a new version of PlayerLink, which is currently at the top of the list. I've seen the Beta; it's a pretty incredible tool.

We've got overhauls of the MACK and tweaks to the Custom Draft Guide engine on the list as well (including the Scarcity option). Unfortunately, these may end up taking a back seat to the automation of some existing charts and tools that would allow us to access more intelligence from our database; these are higher up in the hierarchy.

So no promises right now on anything except that we are continuing to work on bringing you the best information, and as soon as possible.
            "Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." -- George Carlin

Comment

Working...
            X