Okay, I'll ask again for the second time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, I'll ask again for the second time

Last August, I asked for the return of the forum jumping function to the fora

But, there was not any response from HQ.

Now, that there have be some redesigning of the site without the addition of the function, I ask again for the reinstallaton fo the function as it would make the site more user friendly

RSVP . . . . this time

yeah.. I second the motion.

Bring back the Forum jump

Comment

Would someone form HQ please have the courtesy to reply to this very simple request- please!

Comment

As I'm sure you can tell, Atavist, the forum software is a 3rd-party product. We have some limited control over the look and feel, but I have no idea whether what you're asking is even offered anymore. (There's only a couple of techies who handle the forum software anyway, which is probably why you haven't gotten a response... most of us staffers just don't have any expertise in the area.)

Anyway, I'll post a note for the techies and hopefully one of them can post back in this thread with further info. Sorry for the delayed response.

Comment

Thank you, Ray.

The odd thing is that here was a forum jumping function in '05, but that it vanished last year, so it doesn't appear to be a limitation of the software, unless the function raised a scurity issue in the meantime (which seems a stretch).

Comment

Originally posted by The Atavist View Post
            Thank you, Ray.

The odd thing is that here was a forum jumping function in '05, but that it vanished last year, so it doesn't appear to be a limitation of the software, unless the function raised a scurity issue in the meantime (which seems a stretch).
            They changed/upgraded/switched (?) the software in Dec 2005. Not sure if that has anything to do with your question or not.
            "The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step." Translation: Try to learn something new every day.
            Leagues: Auction - 15tm Mixed 6x6 ...... Snake - 15tm Mixed 5x5 live, 2x15tm Mixed 5x5 email, 15tm Mixed 5x5 email custom.

Comment

Originally posted by Markus_ls View Post
              They changed/upgraded/switched (?) the software in Dec 2005. Not sure if that has anything to do with your question or not.
              To my recollection, this was a feature in the "old" forums that disappeared when the new one came.
              If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything.
              -Bill Lyon

Comment

My understanding (and our tech guy can confirm) is that this is a feature in vBulletin that can be enabled or disabled. Could be that it was turned off, either purposely or by default, when we upgraded the forum software. I'm pretty sure the jump feature is still available.

Comment

Originally posted by TOM@HQ View Post
                  My understanding (and our tech guy can confirm) is that this is a feature in vBulletin that can be enabled or disabled. Could be that it was turned off, either purposely or by default, when we upgraded the forum software. I'm pretty sure the jump feature is still available.
                  So this means that the feature will/could/might be added when the system is upgraded again?

I know I plead from ignorance (as most times), but it seems so simple to do.

Comment

Originally posted by The Atavist View Post
                    So this means that the feature will/could/might be added when the system is upgraded again?

I know I plead from ignorance (as most times), but it seems so simple to do.
                    No, it means that, if I am correct, it's an option that was set to "off", but can be turned on at any time.

Comment

Working...
                    X