Question about RotoLab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about RotoLab

If you subscribe, are you able to download the software on 2 machines? Or can it only be put on one. I'd like to have it on at work and home.

When Rotolab comes out Merv will give you a second key to put Rotolab on another computer.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwijohn View Post
      When Rotolab comes out Merv will give you a second key to put Rotolab on another computer.
      I do the same thing, have one version on my laptop and one on my desktop. Then I just email the backups back and forth as I switch from one machine to another. It's very easy to work with.
      We learned more from a three minute record baby than we ever learned in school.......
      Poor man wanna be rich, rich man wanna be king, and a king ain't satisfied till he rules everything...Bruce Springsteen

http://www.multiplemyeloma.org/

Peeking Ducks GMRL 12 tm auction AL 5X5 (S+H) 40 man rosters since 1986. GMRL Champion 2017, 2016, 2012, 2011, 2000, 1999, 1993

Comment

Merv has done this for me as well in the past. Very helpful!!!
        "The problem with quotes found on the internet is that it is nearly impossible to verify the source." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Great! Thanks for the replies.

I'm sold

Comment

I've used Rotolab the last 3 seasons for drafting. In my opinion it is hands down the best product on the market and I'm continually amazed at how flexible it is and how much data is at your fingertips. You won't be disappointed.
            Rob

Comment

Originally posted by ROB@HQ View Post
              I've used Rotolab the last 3 seasons for drafting. In my opinion it is hands down the best product on the market and I'm continually amazed at how flexible it is and how much data is at your fingertips. You won't be disappointed.

Plus Merv rocks! That is all.
              "The problem with quotes found on the internet is that it is nearly impossible to verify the source." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Late to the party, but yes I've gotten a second key from Merv the past three years or so. One fo the my desktop, one for my laptop. Very easy to email or sneakernet backups from one to the other.
                "A republic if you can keep it."

Comment

Merv Rocks

Merv is awesome.

He even walked through the program with me at 1 a.m. the night before a draft.

The most customer friendly vendor I have ever known.

Comment

I was very disappointed with Merv's customer service last year. My program crashed right before my draft and Merv took almost 15 seconds to respond to my email. Then it took him almost a full minute to correct the problem, which, as it turns out, was caused by me.

Seriously, if there was a Mount Rushmore of customer service, Merv's head would be carved there.
                    What's the rumpus?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Tom View Post
                      Seriously, if there was a Mount Rushmore of customer service, Merv's head would be carved there.
                      Merv would have carved Mount Rushmore himself by hand while finishing upgrades to RotoLab and calling me on my cellphone at home the same night to make sure my silly user question was answered.

There's nobody on earth that even comes close to Merv. RotoLab is an awesome product. The only thing better is Merv himself. Highly recommended, Two Thumbs Up, Five Stars, the works.
                      "As often is the case, GE is right." -- Davitt@HQ

Comment

I have to agree with all the kudos for Merv. He's fabulous, and even acts like he remembers who I am when I email him. He's given me two keys in the past as well. Most of the time, I'm able to install the program on a flash drive and run it off there, as well. It's a little less reliable, but I can usually make it work...

Comment

For anyone interested in Rotolab the customer service is a HUGE asset. I agree with the previous posts, I've had some questions, problem or ideas and Merv has hopped on them and fixed or implemented them incredibly quickly. My only hope for the future is that 1) It will use your previous year information (teams, setup, rosters) if you want it to and 2) that it would come out earlier. I am in an AL 5X5 ultra (40 man roster) and have to enter a long list of minor leaguers by myself. It would give me something to do in December and early January.

I used Benson's program for a few years prior to Rotolab and Rotolab's ease of use was significantly better, not to mention the HQ integration.

I purchased his Draftlab program this year for my first year in fantasy football and won my league. It kept me on track and put names out there that I never had heard of...and they were ranked differently than CBS Sportsline which everyone else in our league used.

I would highly recommend it to anyone as long as they don't play in the leagues that I play in!!!

Merv Rocks!
                          We learned more from a three minute record baby than we ever learned in school.......
                          Poor man wanna be rich, rich man wanna be king, and a king ain't satisfied till he rules everything...Bruce Springsteen

http://www.multiplemyeloma.org/

Peeking Ducks GMRL 12 tm auction AL 5X5 (S+H) 40 man rosters since 1986. GMRL Champion 2017, 2016, 2012, 2011, 2000, 1999, 1993

Comment

On the other hand, the program comes with a great help feature, so you should try to find your answer there or post your question on the forum so Merv's phone won't be tied up all the time. That would make it easier for me to get through to him with my problems, so please show some consideration.
                            What's the rumpus?

Comment

Originally posted by BQUnderhil View Post
                              My only hope for the future is that 1) It will use your previous year information (teams, setup, rosters) if you want it to and 2) that it would come out earlier.
                              There is a new function this year that will convert your 2006 League files to the 2007 version so you won't have to enter the Teams, categories, setup parameters, etc... But it will not import the Rosters. BHQ recently moved to a new Player ID system and it greatly hampered my ability to match the players up in the old and new database. So I'm waiting until next year on the Roster import. That also kept me from releasing in December this year (as well as a family illness), but a late December release definitely in the plans.

Tom, I'm checking on the cost of a private line for you, will get back to you....

-Merv
                              RotoLab

Comment

Working...
                              X