Games played by Position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Games played by Position

Last year I inquired about a site outilining games played by position.

Someone suggested a USA Today link, except that at this time, its stats are not yet compiled.

Does anyone have another link for this?

Since all fantasy leagues have a games played minimum for batters to qualify at a given position, is there any way HQ would consider making these stats directly available?

Thanking you in advance.
    RIP Paco de Lucia.

This doesn't answer your question, but if you've ordered it, the 2007 Graphical Player depicts games played by position as part of the batter profiles. That was one of the things that I wanted to address with my book (and one of the ways in which the book complements the Forecaster). JB

Comment

Thanks JB.

Someone informed me that you can get 'games played' stats on Yahoo at the following link: http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/

Once you choose your player, click on 'Situational Stats' and scroll to the very bottom. Games played at each position are featured.

There is a residual problem with this, however, when it comes to players who have borderline games played stats.

Yahoo Fantasy Leagues for instance, will require either 5 games started or 10 games played at given position, for the player to qualify.

The above Yahoo link however, only indicates games played.
      RIP Paco de Lucia.

Comment

AL

NL

The one drawback is if a player changed leagues, then you have to manually compute his season totals. If he was trade within a league, then there is not an issue.

Comment

Thx Lefty.

Turns out however that you can get Games Started and Games Played stats from my Yahoo link, above.

Once you reach a given player page, just click on the "Career Stats" tab.

Guess there is no need for HQ to consider housing these stats.
          RIP Paco de Lucia.

Comment

And here's the USA Today link for the historical info.

While the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty.
            --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
            X