Request for changes to HQ Valuator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for changes to HQ Valuator

Would it at all be possible to add an SP and RP option to the positions system. My league doesnt just use pitcher slots and this greatly affects the value of starting pitchers as well as relief pitchers. Also for someone reason when i put in my leagues parameters these days i get an error message. Is that because the season is over?

here is the message i get
    There are not enough players in our current database to support your league format. Restrict the parameters, such as removing bench players from the input, and run your request again.
    C: / 11 1b: / 11 2b: / 11 3B: SS: mi: / -1 ci : / -1 of : / 35 ut: 1 / 47
    (1 != (144))
    Also this list appears as though im requesting 11 of each position and stuff when what i am putting in is one of each c,1b,2b,3b,SS,U and 3 OF and while our league has 4 SP and 3 RP slots ive been using 7 P slots.
    "I mean, look at you. You don't even have a name tag. You've got no chance. Why don't you just fall down?"

-Nigel Powers (Goldmember)

5*5 HTH 10 teams $380 cap
    Use OPS instead of AVG and Saves +.5Holds.
    28 man rosters 20 man Farms (C,1b,2b,3b,SS, IF, Of, OF, OF, OF, U, U, 8 SP, 4RP)
    Daily Lineup changes, Weekly FAAB. 60/40 hitter/pitcher split.

Just havent heard anything about this, and wanted to know if anyone knew what the issue may be?

Thanks,

-Josh
    "I mean, look at you. You don't even have a name tag. You've got no chance. Why don't you just fall down?"

28 man rosters 20 man Farms (C,1b,2b,3b,SS, IF, Of, OF, OF, OF, U, U, 8 SP, 4RP)

Comment

Josh remember - a lot of people from HQ are in AZ for First Pitch. So you might not get an answer that fast.

Comment

If I had to guess, I'd say that the Valuator only calculates players based on non-zero projections, and right now everyone has a zero projection. That will, of course, change when we post our first projection in December.

Comment

man... a whole month... boo.... lol
          ray, any chances of getting the choice of having SP and RP as positions instead of just P.. i think it makes a big differnece in valuation?

Comment

Will pass it along. Might be problematic because I'm not sure we distinguish SP from RP as a position in our database.

Comment

Well im sure im not the only one who has that setup (although u never know)... but from my novice standpoint it doesnt seem like a major change to the DB?

Comment

I don't know enough about our db design to know what's a major change and what's not. I already posted the suggestion for the techies and pointed them to this thread, so hopefully they'll check in.

Comment

Thanks alot ray, i appreciate it,

Josh

Comment

I'm with Josh. My league separates RP and SP too.

Comment

Database Suggestion

My league also separates SP and RP. For my own data analysis, I use the downloaded HQ data to separate SP and RP by using a cutoff of BF/G=10.

Note-BF/G is not one of the stats in the projections, but can easily be calculated from its components:

( (IP * 2.82) + H + BB) / G

Comment

I'd like to cast another vote in favor of separating of SP and RP.

Comment

Working...
                        X