Grabbing text from another post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grabbing text from another post

Can someone tell me how you take a portion of one post and put it in a separate post? I tried to do this, and while I was able to do it, I didn't get the box around the quote like I've seen others do.

I've seen lots of people do this, so if any one of you could respond I'd appreciate it.

Originally posted by TyCobb View Post
    Can someone tell me how you take a portion of one post and put it in a separate post?
    Click on the "Quote" button in the lower right corner of the post you are quoting. Then delete the portion of the quote that you don't want and type your comment at the end of the text box. The codes to generate the quote box appear automatically.
    "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

Also, if you want to create a quote box anytime you want, use the [ quote ] [/ quote ] tags around the text (without the extra spaces I've typed in.)

Comment

Another way is to copy and paste the desired text into the reply text box, highlight the text and then click on the quote button above the text box (the one that looks like a comic strip character's dialogue bubble).
        "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

Thanks!

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          Click on the "Quote" button in the lower right corner of the post you are quoting. Then delete the portion of the quote that you don't want and type your comment at the end of the text box. The codes to generate the quote box appear automatically.
          Just tried it this way. Glad to see there are multiple ways! Thank you, gentlemen.

Comment

Working...
          X