GB/LD/FB and HR/F stats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GB/LD/FB and HR/F stats

Could these be added to the PlayerLink database. Not sure why only the writers are given access to this info. I suppose that permits their exclusive insights, and breakthrough analyses.

How about sharing this with the folks who pay the bills?

They're not on the Playerlink pages, true. But it's not true that we have "exclusive" analysis. The data is in the YTD projection files.

Comment

My .02 is that the writers seem to need to be more civilized in their responses to unnecessarliy aggressively posed questions.

Anyway, when you go the "stats and projections" link, you need to click on the "current" file, which has all the raw numbers. RosenSama asked the same thing, nicely, on another thread.
      Shark -stridently sarcastic, sardonic, steadfast sourpuss; smiley shunner......

Comment

if you're referring to my response above in this thread, there was nothing uncivilized about it... at least, there was no such intent.

It would run contrary to the "open source" nature of HQ for us to hold back data that you could use for your own analyses. With a few notable exceptions (the projections engine, for one) what you see is what we see. I just thought it important to set that record straight.

Comment

FWIW, I thought Ray's response was civilized. Anyway, the poster has his answer now.
          "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

Ray, I guess I need to be less "oblique" in my references. Is there a "strained oblique" injury for writing?

To be clear, I thought the original question (from Bentley) was kind of rude, aggressively posed, and baiting in style. I thought your (Ray's) response was quite mild.

I guess the shark in me sensed, and took the bait, whether it was there or not.
            Shark -stridently sarcastic, sardonic, steadfast sourpuss; smiley shunner......

Comment

Thanks for your reply and sorry if my question was a little too snarky. I kept seeing these stats discussed in almost every writer's column and could not locate the stats on the site so mistakenly assumed they were being withheld.

Comment

Originally posted by Shark
                I guess the shark in me sensed, and took the bait, whether it was there or not.
                I've read that sharks don't see very well.

Comment

Working...
                X