What's the BBHQ Reply Policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the BBHQ Reply Policy

I have twice, maybe three times, posted Roster Mgt. questions without receiving any reply (most recently regarding Biggio)? Is that just tough nuggies or oversight? What's the policy?

There have been several threads regarding why some posts get lots of responses and others get none. The "rule" as listed in the Forum Rules is as follows:

We do not guarantee that an HQ writer will contribute to every thread or answer every question. If a question requires that you submit a complete roster in order for us to respond, it must be submitted as a premium roster analysis.

In regards to your Biggio thread, I'd say there are a couple of reasons no one responded.
    1. You asked an open ended question which are harder to answer. For example, you could have listed a few choices of trade opportunities
    2. Your question is full of hypotheticals. IF you wanted to trade Biggio. IF his power decreases. IF he gets injured. IF you don't like having 3 Astros. That's a lot of ifs to address and probably too much for most
    3. You're not specific about your needs. Do you need more power? SB? All would be helpful in coming up with an answer
    4. Frankly, the question isn't all that compelling. Who are the good $8 MI? Kinda ho-hum, IMHO. Not to say that it isn't worth a response, only that people have limited time to respond and usually do for things that are more interesting to them
    5. People just may not play your format. I don't really know much about ALers and no NLers jump out at me. Maybe Valentin?

Anyway, best of luck to you
    If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything.
    -Bill Lyon

Comment

I think it's natural that those who answer more of other people's questions get more answers.

I ask a LOT of questions, but I also offer a LOT of answers.

How are you stacking up on that front?
      NL 12-team 5x5 auction keeper. no bench, limited 'free' moves #oldschool
      our owners have a combined 292 years of experience in this 36-year-old league that is being cryogenically frozen until spring 2021.
      a redraft, no-transaction "race to the finish" served as our 2020 entertainment

Comment

I like the metaphysical

Understand.
        Last edited by The Atavist; 06-30-2006, 09:11 PM.

Comment

I think you have to target the questions, limit their scope a little bit and make them very precise. We need to know context, but we need it in a digestible format. Getting a team's full roster and lists of standings and available free agents is way too much--you should use the premium service if you want someone to go through that with you. Sometimes I'll post my pitching roster or my hitting roster, but that's as far as I'll generally go.
          20-Team Mixed Dynasty | 14 Hs, 10 Ps, 5 res., no limit DL | 5x5: AVG, HR, RBI, SB, OPS; W, S, ERA, WHIP, K-BB | Draft | Keepers limited only by salary cap, values based on ADPs w/ discounts for <3yrs service time) | 2-Time Champion; 2-Time Runner Up since 2005
          12-Team NL Dynasty | 12Hs, 9 Ps, 1 swingman, 4 res., 4 minors, 4 DL | 5x5: H, OBP, HR, RBI, SB; W, S, ERA, WHIP, K-BB | Draft | Keep 17 (fixed-length contracts, no salaries) | 5-Time Champion; 3-Time Runner Up since 1999

Comment

Roster management questions can be tedious. I find I almost never reply unless the player's name is prominent in the title. (Sounds like you did that already though?) "Need help immediately", "What do you think", "Would you do this trade" etc without player names I usually skip over.

In other words, if I have thoughts on a particular player I may be interested in seeing what you are asking about him and what others are saying when I see his name in the title. If you need help with a "boring" player it's probably harder to get a reply.
            "The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step." Translation: Try to learn something new every day.
            Leagues: Auction - 15tm Mixed 6x6 ...... Snake - 15tm Mixed 5x5 live, 2x15tm Mixed 5x5 email, 15tm Mixed 5x5 email custom.

Comment

Thanks for your thoughts. I was mistaken in assuming - like some other sites - a staff person would respond to a post - as well as others. As far as generality of the question, I was not looking for precision - just some gut comparables. (I understand the methodology of particular choices.)

Amen

Comment

Staff usually gets around to a response on each thread, but the community is pretty active and some of the questions are complicated.
                20-Team Mixed Dynasty | 14 Hs, 10 Ps, 5 res., no limit DL | 5x5: AVG, HR, RBI, SB, OPS; W, S, ERA, WHIP, K-BB | Draft | Keepers limited only by salary cap, values based on ADPs w/ discounts for <3yrs service time) | 2-Time Champion; 2-Time Runner Up since 2005
                12-Team NL Dynasty | 12Hs, 9 Ps, 1 swingman, 4 res., 4 minors, 4 DL | 5x5: H, OBP, HR, RBI, SB; W, S, ERA, WHIP, K-BB | Draft | Keep 17 (fixed-length contracts, no salaries) | 5-Time Champion; 3-Time Runner Up since 1999

Comment

Working...
                X