Where is the 5/17 NL MW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the 5/17 NL MW?

Did someone oversleep? Dog eat their homework?
    If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything.
    -Bill Lyon

Checking...

Comment

See the HQ home page.

Comment

A "mix up in scheduling"?

RON: OK, guys, remember, due to the unusually high reader rate for Wednesdays, we're going to cancel Wednesday this week to normalize the issue.

RAY: Cancel Wednesday? Can we do that?

RON: If MLBAM can own Bonds, 2-4, 3R then I can cancel Wednesday.

RAY: Are you sure that's wise?

RON: Fine, we'll have half of a Wednesday this week and half a Wednesday next week

(14 hours later)

RAY: Hey, that jackass Neuman is complaining that we cancelled half of Wednesday.

RON: Neuman?!? I love that guy! His posts are so insightful and often hilarious

RAY: Are you sure we're talking about the same guy?

RON: Sure, I met him at the FPF in Chicago and I just can't get that guy out of my mind. If he wants Wednesday back, then, damnit, we'd better give him Wednesday back. Someone go write a column. And make sure you highlight guys on his team. Now, somebody find out what's up with Hardy's injury!
        If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything.
        -Bill Lyon

Comment

Funny. But even funnier is what REALLY happened. Here is the actual email I received. Names have been changed to protect the innocent:

Joe volunteered to switch with John both this week and next, and I entered both switches on the schedule. According to what I had, Joe was supposed to write today. However, somehow Joe and Bill had agreed privately to switch this week. So, Joe did Bill's column and thought he was covered. Bill DID copy me on a message about this switch over the weekend, so I should have caught the confusion but did not. As a result:

1) We have no Wed NL column. I will see if someone can pick it up quickly.

2) Both John and Bill are expecting to do Joe's weekend column. I'll try to get that confusion cleared up.

3) I'll send out yet another note pleading for all correspondence about switching dates to go through me. The private agreements save time, but they also create this kind of mess.

4) At the start of each week, or perhaps on the weekend, I'll begin sending out a schedule for the upcoming week if there are changes. That will give us another avenue to catch any confusion.

Got all that? Good.

Oh, and we're going to be changing the name of the site shortly to Fawlty Towers. :-)

RON@HQ
          "Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." -- George Carlin

Comment

Who? What?

I guess I Don't Know is on third.
            "Well, in all my years I ain't never heard, seen nor smelled an issue that was so dangerous it couldn't be talked about. Hell yeah! I'm for debating anything. Rhode Island says yea!"
            - Stephen Hopkins, Delegate from RI in the film "1776"

Comment

Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
              "The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step." Translation: Try to learn something new every day.
              Leagues: Auction - 15tm Mixed 6x6 ...... Snake - 15tm Mixed 5x5 live, 2x15tm Mixed 5x5 email, 15tm Mixed 5x5 email custom.

Comment

Working...
              X