Hot Lists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Lists

I've always found the Hot Lists' potential surgers/faders helpful. Any chance HQ could add something similar based soley upon hit percentages? I find the %s very helpful when trying to find trade targets and sell high candidates. It's a simple stat that provides some insight into luck, and luck can play a huge role early in the season. A number of the site's writers discuss possible buy low/sell high candidates based upon hit %s and the like, but a simple weekly list similar to the surger/fader lists would be helpful, IMO.

I know the hit %s are available in the projections data files, but I find the projections files a little cumbersome and time consuming to sort etc.

Just a suggestion. Keep up the great work.
    I love lamp.

Brick - I think what you're looking for is really already there with the BA and ERA Surgers/Faders section on the Hot List (third section down on both the Batter and Pitcher pages). xBA incorporates hit rate, but also looks at G/L/F data and PX/SX to get a more complete picture of skill vs. luck. Likewise with xERA, which uses hit rate, but also G/L/F data, walks, Ks and HR. These metrics are actually better than using hit rate alone for finding the guys who have been hurt or helped the most by luck.

Comment

Thanks for the response. I hear what you're saying, but hit rates are used repeatedly in these forums and in HQ columns, and I find these numbers very useful. Anyway, not a lot of action on this thread, so I assume there isn't a big call for easier access to the hit rate outliers information. Thanks again.
      I love lamp.

Comment

Working...
      X