X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tcs2tx
    replied
    Originally posted by RAY@HQ
    My point: you're ignoring that space at your own peril.
    We (Tim and I) may be ignoring the space at our own peril, but I agree with Tim that the content/layout of the site can be improved if HQ is mixing "important" messages with ads.

Leave a comment:

• RAY@HQ
    replied
    Originally posted by timg
    I didn't even know there was a publisher's message. That top third of the front page gets ingored (by me) as it seems to be advertising sort of stuff most of the time: Heater Magazine (for a price), Baseball Injury Report (for a discounted price), fantasy auctioneer (which I would guess has fees), etc. Putting important announcements -- "Please reas this special message" seems important -- amongst advertising, when most of us are conditioned to try to ignore internet advertising, doesn't seem like the best way to spread a message. I'm not complaining. Just pointing out that it would not have occurred to me to look there anymore than it would have occurred to me to look for an announcement amongst the flashing advertising on the right hand side of the front page.
    Tim, I think you're mischaracterizing that area. Yes, there are ads there. But we have a pretty lengthy history of putting subscriber messages up there as well. And, for the record, the FantasyAuctioneer service was in fact free to HQ subscribers all spring. My point: you're ignoring that space at your own peril.

Leave a comment:

• timg
    replied
    Originally posted by Sean643
    Ah - I didn't notice Ron had updated his message. His answer to my question is explicit. I'll make a mental note to review the "publisher's message" for updates.
    I didn't even know there was a publisher's message. That top third of the front page gets ingored (by me) as it seems to be advertising sort of stuff most of the time: Heater Magazine (for a price), Baseball Injury Report (for a discounted price), fantasy auctioneer (which I would guess has fees), etc. Putting important announcements -- "Please reas this special message" seems important -- amongst advertising, when most of us are conditioned to try to ignore internet advertising, doesn't seem like the best way to spread a message. I'm not complaining. Just pointing out that it would not have occurred to me to look there anymore than it would have occurred to me to look for an announcement amongst the flashing advertising on the right hand side of the front page.

Leave a comment:

• Sean643
    replied
    Ah - I didn't notice Ron had updated his message. His answer to my question is explicit. I'll make a mental note to review the "publisher's message" for updates.

Leave a comment:

• Sean643
    replied
    ah

I took the time to read your message but obviously need to work on my comprehension skills.

Roger roger and thanks for the quick response.

Leave a comment:

• RON@HQ
    replied
    (b) as noted in my Publishers message on the home page.

Leave a comment:

• Sean643
    started a topic Daily Projections

Daily Projections

I am really happy about the shift to daily projections and appreciate the new timestamps.

So now I have a question on how it all works.

Derrek Lee was originally projected to hit 45 HRs.
    Now that he has his hand in a cast for six to eight weeks I would suspect his projections for HRs would drop.

He has hit 3 HRs and he is projected to hit another 39 - meaning that the daily projection file for today means his injury will only cost him 3 HRs.

This seems unlikely but I can fathom it is one of three reasons:
    a) Other factors are in play and net out to a 42 HR season
    b) Despite having daily projections the process of adjusting projections due to news still takes at least a few days
    c) Daily projections should have taken the injury into account and this is just another example of the kinks being worked out of the new system

Of course there could be another reason that I am not considering.

I'd love to know whether our new daily projections really mean DL news and such will be adjusted daily - and if so is D. Lee really going to hit 39 HRs when he returns?
Working...
X