The new projection format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new projection format

Changing the format in the middle of the season is risky, to say the least.
    To change it with a high number of errors is really an issue for me.
    I have been working all day on my model to try to make sense of the changes.
    The issues are numerous:
    - Missing players (e.g. Matt LeCroy, Miguel Ojeda)
    - Multiple players (e.g. Corey Koskie is in both AL and NL databases)
    - Multiple usage (e.g. the Luis Gonzalez in Arizona has the same name as the one in Colorado. Common usage has been ignored - Luis A. Gonzalez (COL) is the usage in practice.)
    - Names have changed from the previous projections file (e.g. Jerry Hairston lost his Jr., LoDuca became Lo Duca, etc.)
    - Columns have been arbitrarily changed (e.g. the player position column moved)

I hope the changes are worth it. Right now they are just costing time....
    Please clean it up as soon as you can.

In addition to what you mentioned, these projections simply cannot be right (or at least the valuations cannot be). I sorted by value in the AL projections file and Orlando Cabrera is listed as the most valuable player in the AL from here on out in both 4x4 and 5x5. Shelton, Stewart, Newhan and Emil Brown are all in the top 10 for 5x5 value. I'm not too worried about anyone's initials changing, but the valuations are critical.

Comment

I second that on the projections values...

David Newhan $33 balance of season in 5 x 5?
      Chris Shelton $45 balance of season in 5 x 5?

Those don't seem right, and Shannon Stewart $44? Wow.

Also, as I believe I mentioned before - I hope when all this is sorted out, that the dollar values can be extrapolated out to more decimal points, because if you have everyone at just a whole dollar amount, it really doesn't allow for a true sense of the differentiation of certain players. I will try to remain patient and hope this problem gets resolved.

By the way, I have been a member for many years, I just accidentally let my gold membership run out last season. That's why that thing says "Junior Member". I'm not a newby - However, I am pretty new to the forums here. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by willellis
        Also, as I believe I mentioned before - I hope when all this is sorted out, that the dollar values can be extrapolated out to more decimal points, because if you have everyone at just a whole dollar amount, it really doesn't allow for a true sense of the differentiation of certain players.
        Go back under your bridge!

Comment

Working...
        X