New projection format and RotoLab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New projection format and RotoLab

Like anything new, The revised projection format will take some time to get used to. I've become pretty well used to the old format, but I'm willing to give it some time before I start making suggestions for improvement. HQ has a good track record of improving their product and I'll be giving them the benefit of the doubt.

I do think that HQ made a mistake on one aspect though. I can't believe they didn't let Merv know about the format of the changes ahead of time so that he could be ready with the changes that he needs to make in RotoLab to be able to import the new files. Merv is a pretty significant stakeholder, and one that HQ's subscribers rely heavily on. In my opinion, this is a big blunder on HQ's part.

- Pudge

Originally posted by Pudge
    I do think that HQ made a mistake on one aspect though. I can't believe they didn't let Merv know about the format of the changes ahead of time so that he could be ready with the changes that he needs to make in RotoLab to be able to import the new files. Merv is a pretty significant stakeholder, and one that HQ's subscribers rely heavily on. In my opinion, this is a big blunder on HQ's part.
    To clarify, I *did* know the change was coming, but apparently there was some miscommunication on when it was going to happen. For those not in the industry, it is one huge fire drill from December to April, so things like this can happen. On the positive side, this was not done before now and it should not have affected anyone's draft preparation. I think this is something we can all work thorugh if we give it just a little time. As soon as I get some details squared away, I'll be able to do the work on the new format. Much of it was already done 6 weeks ago, so I think the conversion will go smooth and quickly.

-Merv

Comment

I still can't import new projections to Rotolab

Do I need a newer version than 6.18 to do this? I've not been paying attention, is Merv still working on it?

thx

Comment

Still working on it. I got the OK that the format was final (at least for the time being) on Wednesday night. I may have something posted later tonight, certainly sometime this weekend. You will need to be on version 6.19 (which is not posted yet) to read in the new format. I'll post here and send out an e-mail to all users when it is posted.

-Merv

Comment

u da man

Thank you sir.

Comment

RotoLab version 6.19 is posted along with the 4-21 projections. These two upgrades MUST be used in conjunction with each other. You cannot use 6.18 and earlier with the new projections, nor can you use version 6.19 to import the older 4-07 projections and earlier.

Also, I urge you to restart RotoLab and before loading a league, choose FILE / BACKUP and make a backup file of your data.

The Totals screen is also fully functional now, you can enter the current stats of your league on the "Current" Grid and they will be added into your projected totals to get true year-end projections. There were a significant number of code changes, report any problems to info@rotolab.com, I will be available all weekend.

-Merv
            RotoLab

Comment

Working...
            X